FSM wiring help

Reaction score
So Ive got alota wire nuts, electric tape, hanging plugs, and burned wires under my hood. Nothing I cant sort out but Ill need a wiring diagram. Question is... Will a factory 87 service manual have wiring for my AHB car? If not, Is there a recommended source? Thanx, Brent

Darth-Car

Reaction score
You might run into some mystery wires, since it is an AHB. Many of those cars go to local special accessory shops for lighting, sirens, and radios. Some departments do this work themselves. Whoever does the accessory work to the car has no factory wiring specifications that they follow, and if the equipment was removed prior to your getting the car than you can truly end up with a lot of dangling wires that go nowhere.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You might run into some mystery wires, since it is an AHB. Many of those cars go to local special accessory shops for lighting, sirens, and radios. Some departments do this work themselves. Whoever does the accessory work to the car has no factory wiring specifications that they follow, and if the equipment was removed prior to your getting the car than you can truly end up with a lot of dangling wires that go nowhere.

This is true. But that could also be the case with a civilian car. My Volare has a whole crapload of Frankenwiring in the dash that somebody did that I have to go through and clean up. The point is though that the FSM will tell you what's supposed to be what. Anything beyond that will be unnecessary and can be discarded.

Back