Gasket / grommet that goes with the fuel sending unit

Remow2112

Reaction score
Looking for a part number or where I can get the rubber gasket the seals the sending unit between it and the gas tank. A search did a great job on giving me the one for fuel filler neck. No luck on the other.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
You didnt say what year you were needing the early or late.

But Vans Auto on ebay has sold both units in repop and at one time he sold just the gasket for like$5.

Do you have your old one? Its semi easy to make one.

This might even be the one you need, but im semi sure he can hook you up.

Mopar Fuel Gas Tank Sending Unit Lock Ring and Seal NEW | eBay

This like is to the whole page of the ones he sells. Both types for F-s.

Vans Auto LLC | eBay Stores

Remow2112

Reaction score
That is awesome and exactly what I needed. It is for a 76 hump gas tank but that part looks identical to one out of the later flat gas tank.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
There is a difference in diameter I pretty sure. The humper is smaller IIRC.

volare 1977

Reaction score
The lock ring and gasket should be 1730095 and 1948757. Don`t use a aftermarket lock ring if you help it. The metal wasn`t as good as the OE one.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Don`t use a aftermarket lock ring if you help it. The metal wasn`t as good as the OE one.
Reuse your existing metal lock ring, if at all possible. I agree, the aftermarket lock rings are made so once as tight as they will go, the sender is still loose and it WILL leak fuel.
The aftermarket gaskets work fine with an original lock ring. There are hundreds, wait thousands of people complaining of those aftermarket lock rings being junk (from China, no less) - unless someone finally fixed it in last couple of months (which is unlikely).
BudW

volare 1977

Reaction score
I learned the hard way when about five gallons of gas went on my garage floor. The sending unit is not located on the top of the tank like some.

Remow2112

Reaction score
Great info about the lock ring. Got the gasket ordered from Vans Auto on ebay. I will update once I get it installed.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool beans. I think the J-body uses the larger lock ring than the early F's use.

Back