Get yours conserved...

69-

Reaction score
Just got my 79 LeBaron back from the shop. As I plan do use it daily, I felt it's about time to get it properly protected for daily use - rain, snow, salt. All that usual and bad stuff.

Mine had some minor protection on a couple spots, but corrosion inside started already. Thankfully no major corrosion, yet. Just about right to do it right.

Some impressions. I'm not sure, if you have Dinitrol ML and 1000 (all cavities, insides) and ML + 4942 for the undercarriage. I'm very happy.

IMG_20210206_140029.jpg

IMG_20210206_163141.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
I used spray cans of this stuff on the under carriage of my, 89 Fifth Ave. even after bare minimum prep, it’s held up and worked very well Over the last two years of daily driving and Chicago, salty winter roads.

LSM360

Reaction score
I used spray cans of this stuff on the under carriage of my, 89 Fifth Ave. even after bare minimum prep, it’s held up and worked very well Over the last two years of daily driving and Chicago, salty winter roads.
I once heard somewhere it's pretty windy there too :)

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Yep, we get cars oil sprayed here to prevent or slow rust. The thick stuff that dries hard is good when cars are new but long term can do more harm then good.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Yep, we get cars oil sprayed here to prevent or slow rust. The thick stuff that dries hard is good when cars are new but long term can do more harm then good.

Rubberized undercoating holds water out as well as it does holding it in. You get the added bonus of it turning into a greasy mess the moments it encounters oil. Used to be the only thing available here in Michigan, but they laxed the rules and oil spray is now available. It's really the only way to preserve vehicles in winter climates that use salt, but it isn't available everywhere.

armataz

Reaction score
I have seen where a lot of muscle car resto shops have started treating all exposed metal that wont get painted, with spray on bed lining that heavy duty urethane epoxy used to protect against rocks and other damaging work related junk. that might get dumped into the bed.
stuff like floor pans and trunks get coated inside and out.

Back