Had a run in with my local sheriff...

ramenth

Reaction score
... He came into buy parts from me for his '88 Gran Fury AHB car that he and his son are building.

From the story he told me it's an ex-NCIS car that needed some tender loving care. The body is solid, but a lot of rubber had deteriorated over the years of sitting. He's plan on touring the countryside with it, getting pics with other AHB cars he can find, including another '88 Gran Fury, AHB, owned by the former game control officer in the county.

Funny story on the DEC car. The owner's nickname is Babe. It was a few years after Babe retired he got a call from Albany saying they had his old car and asked if he was interested. He told them "no," until they told him he could come get it for free. So, he drove to Albany and brought it home. Still wears all it's original trim, the DEC logos on the doors, the radios, the wigwags, etc.

I've been trying to get Babe to let me take it to Carlisle for a few years. He thinks no one would be interested in seeing it.

compubert

Reaction score
... He came into buy parts from me for his '88 Gran Fury AHB car that he and his son are building.

From the story he told me it's an ex-NCIS car that needed some tender loving care. The body is solid, but a lot of rubber had deteriorated over the years of sitting. He's plan on touring the countryside with it, getting pics with other AHB cars he can find, including another '88 Gran Fury, AHB, owned by the former game control officer in the county.

Funny story on the DEC car. The owner's nickname is Babe. It was a few years after Babe retired he got a call from Albany saying they had his old car and asked if he was interested. He told them "no," until they told him he could come get it for free. So, he drove to Albany and brought it home. Still wears all it's original trim, the DEC logos on the doors, the radios, the wigwags, etc.

I've been trying to get Babe to let me take it to Carlisle for a few years. He thinks no one would be interested in seeing it.

He is wrong... ;-)

Back