Headliner and carpet material

WildCat

Reaction score
Sorry this is the second thread I started but this is after I received the shipment from them. And checked the sample of headliner material with the car.

My Imperial has the red leather interior and the headliner is sagging

So ask a friend that was VP for Chrysler and the trim guy that did the interior in my dart and they both said to check with SMS AUTO FABRICS

so I had the right part number for the headliner and sent email to them and yes they have the correct replacement headliner in the red I needed

It is $49 a yard

Their contact info is

SMS Auto Fabrics
350 S. Redwood St.
Canby, OR. 97013

(503) 263-3535

There was a mix up because I had ask if the carpet was available for another member here. So instead of getting the headliner I got carpet. We are working this out so I know they also have the correct carpet for our cars.

It isn't a molded carpet and is only about 36" wide, but the correct color and look (unless they have it folded)

So if anyone is wanting to replace their headliner or need carpet these guys are ones to check out

I haven't checked out some of the carpet places but since the carpet is available might even be able to get molded carpet from them.

Last edited:

My imp

Reaction score
Sorry this is the second thread I started but this is after I received the shipment from them. And checked the sample of headliner material with the car.

My Imperial has the red leather interior and the headliner is sagging

So ask a friend that was VP for Chrysler and the trim guy that did the interior in my dart and they both said to check with SMS AUTO FABRICS

so I had the right part number for the headliner and sent email to them and yes they have the correct replacement headliner in the red I needed

It is $49 a yard

Their contact info is

SMS Auto Fabrics
350 S. Redwood St.
Canby, OR. 97013

(503) 263-3535

There was a mix up because I had ask if the carpet was available for another member here. So instead of getting the headliner I got carpet. We are working this out so I know they also have the correct carpet for our cars.

It isn't a molded carpet and is only about 36" wide, but the correct color and look (unless they have it folded)

So if anyone is wanting to replace their headliner or need carpet these guys are ones to check out

I haven't checked out some of the carpet places but since the carpet is available might even be able to get molded carpet from them.
Thanks, that would be me. I looked at the website, but didn't contact as they didn't list the carpet. Will call on Monday. Will post results.

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Where did you get the part number? I've been looking for new blue cloth for my 82. The samples, that SMS, sent pictures of are not correct. Perhaps if I had the part number, I'd have better luck. Thank you.

My imp

Reaction score
Went to JoAnn fabrics yesterday. Bolts & bolts of black, (2) different tans, (2)different greys of headliner material. $14.99 a yard. I was told to check the website for possible other colors. They can be ordered in, but didn't discuss quantity required. Material looks good. Foam is proper thickness. Not being an expert in such matters, I don't know if it's the same SMS's.

My imp

Reaction score
Read a review by Jerry Hughes, who compares Joann fabrics material to Internet material. He goes on to say that laying the (2) on a white towel ,he could see the shadow of the towel against the Joann fabric piece. He surmised that the Internet material was a tighter weave. Hope it helps.

WildCat

Reaction score
I'll have to check with my interior guy. That is where I got the part number for mine. He has a book with all the 81 Chrysler material part numbers

Back