FOR SALE Hey, hey, hey... rear sway, for FMJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a complete rear sway bar setup. This includes the frame rail brackets, shock plates, and even hardware. I literally saved everything except the rubber spring insulators (which are the same as what's on your car now anyhow) The studs broke on one of the frame brackets, and the link rods broke off at the threads during removal (don't they always?). Everything's still covered in the copious undercoating applied by the factory, and the bushings actually look suprisingly good. I don't know that I'd reuse 35-year-old ones, but they're not hammered or rotten.

I'm asking $150 for the complete setup as it sits.
For an extra $25 I'll fix the frame bracket's broken studs
For another $25 I'll fix the link rods if you're a stickler for the correct, shouldered originals.
Want it all cleaned up, blasted and painted? Add yet another $50. That's a lot of work!

If you want more pictures, PM me or respond here.

100_0728.JPG

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
So the rear is a bit of a floating set up like the front? and that's a pretty good deal for 250 for basically having a reconditioned rear sway bar.

NoCar340

Reaction score
There are brackets that bolt solidly to the rear frame rails, which hold the "U" bushings. The end links go through the ends of the bar and anchor to the lower rear shock plates, which are specific for swaybar-equipped cars. Realistically, you probably can get new end links locally for less money than me fixing the ones listed, but they use a sleeve rather than a shouldered bolt. If you don't care about a factory-correct appearance, it's hard to beat brand new.

I'll consider reasonable offers on it, but I thought I priced it pretty reasonably in the first place to be honest. I kind of expected more interest in this setup, since most F-bodies didn't have a rear swaybar. It makes a remarkable difference in handling.

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
I was considering getting the kit for my car through firm feel, but when i saw this it definitely peaked my interest.

bnichols

Reaction score
I have a complete rear sway bar setup. This includes the frame rail brackets, shock plates, and even hardware. I literally saved everything except the rubber spring insulators (which are the same as what's on your car now anyhow) The studs broke on one of the frame brackets, and the link rods broke off at the threads during removal (don't they always?). Everything's still covered in the copious undercoating applied by the factory, and the bushings actually look suprisingly good. I don't know that I'd reuse 35-year-old ones, but they're not hammered or rotten.

I'm asking $150 for the complete setup as it sits.
For an extra $25 I'll fix the frame bracket's broken studs
For another $25 I'll fix the link rods if you're a stickler for the correct, shouldered originals.
Want it all cleaned up, blasted and painted? Add yet another $50. That's a lot of work!

If you want more pictures, PM me or respond here.

View attachment 12437
your inbox is full I will take it as is let me know where and how to send payment zip is 13827

Mr C

Reaction score
WTF? I PM'd some time ago with no reply. I figured it was because of the holidays...

Mr C

Reaction score
NoCar340, PM sent...did it get through?

Mr C

Reaction score
I never heard from him in response to my PM...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back