How I spent my Sunday afternoon

Aspen500

Reaction score
Figured now that the engine is broken in and everything is seated, should check the valve adjustment. Turns out, they were all just fine. At least I know for sure it's OK now, otherwise it'd always be in the back of my mind.

Could have sworn I had another set of valve cover gaskets "in stock". Guess not, lol! Hello,,, Summit Racing?
DSCF0005.JPG

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Figured now that the engine is broken in and everything is seated, should check the valve adjustment. Turns out, they were all just fine. At least I know for sure it's OK now, otherwise it'd always be in the back of my mind.

Could have sworn I had another set of valve cover gaskets "in stock". Guess not, lol! Hello,,, Summit Racing?
View attachment 12716

That looks sooooooooo nice.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Wish I had a spare set of those rockers, I'd hang them on the living room wall as art, lol.
They're made by PRW Industries out in California. Stainless, bronze bushings, roller tip and along with oiling through the shafts they oil through the pushrods. Nice product.
I was kind of iffy when I bought them, they almost sounded to "cheap" for BB Mopar rockers. No regrets! They were right around $400 (rockers, hardened shafts, holdowns, spacers, shims, etc) for the whole kit to the door. I see the price went up some since then.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Thanks man!
I was going to get MP gaskets. That's what I had in there, came with the covers way back when I bought them around 1992. For whatever reason I never put them on until "the build". They were like 20 year old brand new covers and the fairly stiff fiberous (no idea what the material actually is) gaskets never leaked, or even seeped, a single drop. So I checked and guess what? MP doesn't have cover gaskets for BB anymore. Only SB and Hemi, what's up with that????
Which blue silicone ones are you referring to Eric?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Santa stopped by in his brown van and dropped off some goodies from the North Pole, otherwise known as Tallmadge Ohio (Summit Racing) the other day so, some garage time is in order this weekend.
Ended up getting Fel-Pro valve cover gaskets that are rubber/fiber something or another. In other words, exactly the same as the MP ones which may have been made by Fel-Pro also(?) They never so much as seeped a speck of oil so go with what works, yes?

Joe12459

Reaction score
Santa stopped by in his brown van and dropped off some goodies from the North Pole, otherwise known as Tallmadge Ohio (Summit Racing) the other day so, some garage time is in order this weekend.
Ended up getting Fel-Pro valve cover gaskets that are rubber/fiber something or another. In other words, exactly the same as the MP ones which may have been made by Fel-Pro also(?) They never so much as seeped a speck of oil so go with what works, yes?
I know that Santa well! I love when he comes, except around 30 days later, when he delivers the bill!

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
True,,,,,,,,,,,,,when I get mail with a return address that says "Capital One", kind of takes the excitement out of the delivery, lol.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I think the Moroso 93055 gaskets were the ones to which bremereric was referring. I've got a set here for my long-ram engine... Sex-see. Pricey, but they'll outlast 3-4 sets of the "lousy cork suckers" (apologies to Roman Moronie :D).

Back