Howdy neighbor

Reaction score
Came over from FABO yesterday to look around and decided to register. One of the cars that I have owned that I would pay almost anything to have back is my '77 Roadrunner. I happened to be in the neighborhood one Saturday and decided to stop at my favorite C/P dealer and shoot the breeze. When I pulled up they were unloading some new cars and she was sitting on the truck. Went inside and asked Dennis (the sales manager) if the maroon Volare on the truck was theirs. He said yes and we were filling out the paperwork before it hit the ground. The car was a 318 auto, garnet metallic paint, black bucket seats with console, AM/FM 8 track, sunroof, fold down rear seat, yellow and orange stripes, no A/C, no spoilers, louvers, or flares, and rallye wheels. We had a lot of fun over the next 4 years until rust got the better of her and I had to replace her. Just wish I had gotten around to stuffing in a 383 though. You might say I have a soft spot for F bodies since I have had 2 more since then. The bucket seat/console F body is the most comfortable car to drive that I've ever been in.

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard...there are alot of them for sale right now and the buying time and price is right...time to get you another one and hand on to it this time.....:BangHead:

Wylde1

Reaction score
Grumpus!!!!

How you doin', brotha? It's been a long time since I've seen you around. Glad to see you're alive and kickin'. :icon_pidu:

I agree with you that the f-body's buckets and console make for a comfy cruiser. I had a blast when I had mine. It too rusted away before my eyes. Damn shame.

Wylde1.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard...there are alot of them for sale right now and the buying time and price is right...time to get you another one and hand on to it this time.....:BangHead:
Kinda leery about getting another one. The last one I had managed to be under a power pole with 3 transformers on it when the pole decided to return to earth at 2:30 in the morning. No wind, no storms, nothing to cause it to fall over. Smashed the poor car flat and I had owned it about 6 hours.

Wylde, thanks for the kind words. After 4 years on Oxycontin for chronic pain, I had to take a reality break and rediscover my ass. Lost track of it for a while there.

crayzcuda

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!! The 1979's didn't seem to have the rust issues like the earlier ones had.
Sounds like you have some pretty cool F body adventures. Got any pics of when you bought it at the dealer? I can tell you from experience that big blocks are a blast in these cars and a fairly easy swap as long as it hasn't been flattened by a power pole.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got any pics of when you bought it at the dealer?
In 1977 that involved either 35mm or Kodak 110 film and a trip to the drugstore for developing. I wasn't in the habit of taking pictures then, it cost too much for film and developing. Ain't it amazing how things change in only 30 some years?

crayzcuda

Reaction score
In 1977 that involved either 35mm or Kodak 110 film and a trip to the drugstore for developing. I wasn't in the habit of taking pictures then, it cost too much for film and developing. Ain't it amazing how things change in only 30 some years?

Polaroids man! I hated those trips down to the drug store too. I used that Polaroid all the way up to 1992! Technology sure has made things a lot different. Would have made a sweet picture though.

Last edited:
Back