Hurst shifter, or not.

muzy

Reaction score
Hi, I need a bushing kit and it is not clear if this is a Hurst shifter or not. As the only markings are Patten numbers and one bolt that appears to have a M stamped in the head.
Or all bushing kits are the same?
muzy 20221001_135629.jpg20221001_135642.jpg

muzy

Reaction score
Lol, thanks Aspen500. I was aware what the stick read. It is the actual mechanism where the shift gates are or the body of shifter. As almost all that I see have shift stop bolts, and this one dose not.
muzy

XfbodyX

Reaction score
What are you going to use that on? As you wrote it is a universal shifter and the mounting comes with the shifter, not sure how it fits on a 833 type.

They no longer make the install kit made for the 833 series. I dont think,I looked at the pn and none showed up.

DSC04224.JPG

You were probably thinking of the competition plus/super shifter type base with the stops.

DSC04231.JPG

DSC04230.JPG

muzy

Reaction score
What are you going to use that on? As you wrote it is a universal shifter and the mounting comes with the shifter, not sure how it fits on a 833 type.

They no longer make the install kit made for the 833 series. I dont think,I looked at the pn and none showed up.

View attachment 48323

You were probably thinking of the competition plus/super shifter type base with the stops.

View attachment 48326

View attachment 48327
Will be putting it back in my Mirada. Need to disassemble and clean, as there seems to be grit in the gates.
Yes the competition style is the one I see most often. This one fits 833 quite well. Shift rod for reverse is pretty custom though. Shift rods for 1-2, and 3-4 are installed backwards, worked that way with no issues. Will see if I can change to correct orientation when I reinstall.
muzy

Back