I finally had to admit defeat...

Ele115

Reaction score
Sometimes when I see your posts, I think of the book of Job. . What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Stay tough bud.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Haha I never thought of it that way! Well God has always provided a way. Its raining today so I doubt much will happen today, the friend who borrowed The Cherry Bomb overnight said she'll pay for whatever needs to be done...

Ele115

Reaction score
You and I both know that car will never die. I see them towing Teslas and hooking generators to them, makes me respect the carbureted cars so much more. Carry pliers, a ballast resistor and a spare coil and you will always get home

MoparDan

Reaction score
There was a hurricane a couple of years ago and The Cherry Bomb was flooded little less then halfway up the transmission hump, the engine filled with water, floor was soaked. Three oil changes and a new starter, she was back the road, all the other cars in the parking lot were towed away to junkyards, computers all fried not worth fixing, and other then the power driver's seat no longer working the only other issue turned out to be the differential, it over filled with water which destroyed all the seals, so I had to get a replacement at a junkyard and they installed it $295 total, and whatever the starter and changes cost, so under $500. Those other modern cars would've easily cost $10,000-$15,000. (if not more) to get back on the road infact one car was only two weeks old! The garage was saying how great these old cast iron blocks are, they also had an '84 Fleetwood Brougham, and same year Riviera that had also been flooded but worth fixing for the same reason: cast iron engine blocks, aluminum blocks would've immediately cracked

Last edited:

Ele115

Reaction score
IAN really got my place in Naples. Insurance only covered wind. Anything that got wet or flooded I had to pay for. I had multiple cars with water up to the door sills, but these were disassembled to some degree. The worst ones lost their carpet and some wiring but none were beyond repair. The side that got the deepest water was the parts cars and torn apart stuff so it was far easier to deal with. Took me 6 months to get it fixed to the point where I could turn the power on.

MoparDan

Reaction score
I had to throw away the floor instillation, the carpet was ok, I'd take it and seats out in the morning, and leave them in the sun for a couple days straight. Got some wierd looks from people there haha

MoparDan

Reaction score
Well I've got a slight update: 1 the carburetor was definitely on fire (see pictures) and 2 there was a bottle cap in the carburetor, and the missing wing nut might be in the carb also... hopefully the carb gets taken off tomorrow... IMG_2023-07-24-00-58-41-783.jpgIMG_2023-07-24-00-56-02-619.jpgIMG_2023-07-24-00-56-30-350.jpg

Ele115

Reaction score
I hope that wing nut isn't in a cylinder head or a cylinder

MoparDan

Reaction score
A few days ago I got some gas in The Cherry Bomb but see wouldn't start, pour some gas down the carburetor and she fired, but stalled immediately and kept doing this, the carb had to be completely retuned just to keep the engine idling, drove around the block some, she ran but not well, every time I slowed down for a stop sign the engine flet it was going to stall but didn't, accelerated ok with light pedal pressure, but full throttle nothing.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Today she would not start without pouring gas in the carburetor mechanic took the fuel line off the carb, pressure was bad, he took some other line(s?) off while he had me ready to turn the key, pretty quickly she starts (without pour gas in carb) and we drove around some, decent idle and regular acceleration, fuel throttle gets weak spuders alittle and starts getting stronger, we did this several times seemed to get better. Says we need to get on highway, but the left upper control arm is broken so not doing that right now! We're going to see what happens in a few hours if she'll start by herself or not

Justwondering

Reaction score
Shashlik -- i never heard that before, but certainly gets the point across.

Last time I saw some weiner keying a car, he was held in place til the cops showed up. Right to carry has a time and a place to be used.

JW

Back