I Picked Up This J-Body today

Alleyoop2

Reaction score
81 Cordoba LS 318

I guess this was supposed to be the "79 Chrysler 300" of 1981. Does anyone know what the "LS" stands for?

It's a little rough around the edges, needs some work, but it seems to run good. It made the 3 hour trip home.

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Congrats. Not sure on the LS, luxury sport? Less Sporty? Lacking Speed? Loosing Steam? Lightning Strike! Yeah, I'm goin with that! How about Luscious Steel?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Allyeoop:

All J bodies that haven't been restored need a lot of work. Yours seeme to be better than most. You were lucky enough to get one with the "Tuff" wheel. Most have the standard 2 spoke wheels, along with some third party gauges, which are nice to have, as the gauge cluster is pretty weak on the J bodies.

Is your interior 3 colour? The seats are white, the dash is blue, but is the carpet black, or is it just a lack of light making it look black? Does your choromter work? On most J bodies that I have seen, it doesn't. The one on my red Mirada CMX does (wonder if people were disconnecting them because they thought they were drawing too much power, and draining the batteries, or if they just die after so many years?)

Kostas

Alleyoop2

Reaction score
Yes the carpet is black. As far as the chorometer, I guess I didn't notice?

Alleyoop2

Reaction score
Congrats. Not sure on the LS, luxury sport? Less Sporty? Lacking Speed? Loosing Steam? Lightning Strike! Yeah, I'm goin with that! How about Luscious Steel?

That's some good stuff there! I guess I'll go with Luxury Sport, LOL!

72Dodge

Reaction score
Sweet! Looks like a real nice car. I like the interior a lot. Looks like your interior is quite a bit nicer than the one in the Mirada I recently picked up, and you are real lucky you got the Tuf Wheel instead of the usual one that looks like it belongs on a K car.

What's your plan for the car? Just drive it, or is this going to be a project of some sort?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I think sedans are 4 drs, eh? Maybe they knew they wouldn't sell many so it means...Limited Supply

Alleyoop2

Reaction score
Sweet! Looks like a real nice car. I like the interior a lot. Looks like your interior is quite a bit nicer than the one in the Mirada I recently picked up, and you are real lucky you got the Tuf Wheel instead of the usual one that looks like it belongs on a K car.

What's your plan for the car? Just drive it, or is this going to be a project of some sort?

I don't really know at this point? It could use some brake work, and I know that the wheels and tires aren't even balanced. Might just put it in storage for the winter, and worry about it next spring?

72Dodge

Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes you just need to wait until the car speaks to you, or the boss does, whichever comes first! :)

NoCar340

Reaction score
Agreed, "LS" has no actual meaning. I've had a couple myself, both slant six cars. I think they're probably the prettiest of the J-bodies. Looks Sharp. :icon_winkle:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure it means Luscious Steel according to classified factory documents......haha

Back