Imperial carb conver fuel flow sensor lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

83Imp

Reaction score
Contact seller
This flow sensor (P/N 4222798) is a must have if you want your Imperial dash computer to show you anything other than 00.00. Aftermarket (incorrect sensors) will run you over $200. Whole lot with NIB fuel pump, gasket, and stock SB fuel lines - $100 shipped.

Carb conv fuel meter lot 1.jpg

Carb conv fuel meter lot 2.jpg

Last edited:

CumDodge

Reaction score
Can I purchase only the flowmeter?
Do you also have the Level Shifter that's needed to make the flowmeter's signal function correctly, for the trip computer to work?

83Imp

Reaction score
Sorry, the flowmeter has been sold. I know of no component called a "Level Shifter" in the system. Chrysler installed a bunch of components when they did the conversions. To my knowledge, the addition of an "Overlay Harness" (P/N 4304900) is what's required to make the dash readings from the fuel flow meter work. I sold that with the flowmeter.

Have you read (extensively) all of the information available here - http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Year/1981-1983/index.htm

CumDodge

Reaction score
If you have the FSM, in the Y wiring diagrams index, under 'Electronic Spark Advance Fuel Flow System'. On page Y23, lower-left of page. You will see that the three wires from the 'Fuel Flow Sensor' plug straight into the 'Level Shifter'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back