Introducing New Member: David Clark

David Clark

Reaction score
Hiya,

Long time Mopar Lover and owner of 76 Dart Sport, 74 RoadRunner, and now a 79 Aspen. Getting real sick and tired of all the new electronic Disposable cars and moving back to the Old School Can work on them yourself stuff. Member of the A and B Body Forums as well. This 79 Aspen is in Really Rough Shape but couldn't pass it up. Still a bit confused on it though as it has the RT Pain Job and Spoiler and such, but can't decode the Fender Tag and Hemmings Says that NO RT's were made with the 6 Cylinders in them, VIN code says Slant Six Original.

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks, that would be great. I can find Codes for my 74 Roadrunner but can't find anything on the net for any codes after the Muscle Car Era (74 and later).
--- Post updated ---
This is the Bad Girl that Followed me Home. I think I overpaid for it though considering the Bad Body Rot on the Drivers side, and they guy I bought it from decided he was going to hold onto the Spoiler while pushing the damn thing and snapped it Right off. Good Gawd. Some People LOL. She Had Keystones all the way around, been sitting for 10 years so had to borrow some rims and tires off my 76 dart to get her home. Engine is Free, not Locked up. Will most likely fire right up (love them /6's) once I get all the Tune up parts, new fuel tank and pump and carb rebuilt.

RT.jpg

code.jpg

DCAspen

Reaction score
Slant Six was available in 79 and 80 with the R/T package.
--- Post updated ---
A57 code is for R/T option

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks Mucho. Glad to Know, So what are these Books that People have the Decode these Numbers, where can I get one???

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, David.

If memory serves me the codes can be found in Govier's books all the way into the '80's.

Master M

Reaction score
Hiya,

Long time Mopar Lover and owner of 76 Dart Sport, 74 RoadRunner, and now a 79 Aspen. Getting real sick and tired of all the new electronic Disposable cars and moving back to the Old School Can work on them yourself stuff. Member of the A and B Body Forums as well. This 79 Aspen is in Really Rough Shape but couldn't pass it up. Still a bit confused on it though as it has the RT Pain Job and Spoiler and such, but can't decode the Fender Tag and Hemmings Says that NO RT's were made with the 6 Cylinders in them, VIN code says Slant Six Original.

Welcome. You mean you don't like computers, software, multiple sensors, data flow,diagnostic tools,fuel injection, in-tank pumps, ABS, miles of wiring etc. I must of forgot something...

David Clark

Reaction score
Nope, can't stand all the overpriced electronic disposable JUNK parts on all these new Disposable Vehicles. Just sick and tired of them. Cars that cost more than a house does, that's Effing NUTS.

I went to Gaviers Website and did some looking around on there. Thanks for the info on that guys. This thing is going to take a lot of work to even restore, not sure if I will because the sheet metal is so damn hard to find. Not like the pre 74 Muscle Cars that are more in demand than these sleepers are.

Now that I know it's an actual RT though, I may reconsider.

compubert

Reaction score
Welcome. You mean you don't like computers, software, multiple sensors, data flow,diagnostic tools,fuel injection, in-tank pumps, ABS, miles of wiring etc. I must of forgot something...
Yup, plastic fuel and vacuum line... ;-)

ramenth

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on that guys. This thing is going to take a lot of work to even restore, not sure if I will because the sheet metal is so damn hard to find. Not like the pre 74 Muscle Cars that are more in demand than these sleepers are.

Now that I know it's an actual RT though, I may reconsider.

Get a hold f_body_deconstructor_jim on here. Good sheetmetal at good prices.

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks will do,

Anyone have any clue to a Good Tire Size on these Gals??? The Door Pillar Decal on mine is Wasted, Can't read anything on it and all 4 Tires on this thing were different size when I got it. All 14 Inch rims of course but not a single matching tire size among them.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Absolutely. Jim is your man for all the metal you need.

Thanks will do,

Anyone have any clue to a Good Tire Size on these Gals??? The Door Pillar Decal on mine is Wasted, Can't read anything on it and all 4 Tires on this thing were different size when I got it. All 14 Inch rims of course but not a single matching tire size among them.

My Volare came with 14's but I'm running 215 70 15's and they're perfect IMO.

glennb49

Reaction score
WELCOME!! I'm new too! My brother enlaw has a 78 Plymouth Super Coupe with the 360 and 78 Road Runner parts car.

David Clark

Reaction score
Absolutely. Jim is your man for all the metal you need.

My Volare came with 14's but I'm running 215 70 15's and they're perfect IMO.
I tried looking him up on the Search option and it only showed this thread with his screen name listed.

Well, I am on VA Disability and cant afford to drop another couple hundred into Rims, It came with With 14 Inch Keystone Classics on it so I would prefer to keep them for now. Maybe when I win the Lottery I can swap out to the 15;s which I would prefer also.

Back