Introducing New Member: QubusLewis

QubusLewis

Reaction score
Ok so i joined this forum looking for some advice. been saving for a classic mopar for some time, tracked down a 79 volare with duster badges. for my budget it looks super clean amd drives well for being so old. the owner wants 2800 but i talked him into taking 2300 so i could have some $$ for repairs. however, i am scared because when i started it and drove off, it hesitated and stalled when at low speeds 3 times. after it warmed up some more, the issue seemed to go away tho. is this the sign of a lemon or perhaps an easy fix? car seems well taken care of with no rust .70,xxx on dash <prob 170,xxx>

Dave H

Reaction score
What 7T8 said, very likely the choke was not operating (not closed enough or wide open), causing it to stall until engine warms up. A carb is an easy fix. I'd be concerned more about body rot, it it's clean with a good grille and decent interior, that sounds like a good deal! Is it a V-8 or straight 6? Welcome btw!

QubusLewis

Reaction score
What 7T8 said, very likely the choke was not operating (not closed enough or wide open), causing it to stall until engine warms up. A carb is an easy fix. I'd be concerned more about body rot, it it's clean with a good grille and decent interior, that sounds like a good deal! Is it a V-8 or straight 6? Welcome btw!

I am actually going to pick it up tomorrow! very excited to own it haha. its got a super six in it. at this point i am more concerned about driving it daily than performance, but down the line that might change.

I explained the problem to my mechanic and he said similar things. i will become much more active over the next coming days on here, thanks for the warm welcome!

Dave H

Reaction score
Awesome, congrats on the purchase! I saw the link after I posted, car looks great. Post pics when ya can.

Back