ISO: Wiper Transmission/Linkage

Reaction score
I am searching in Toronto area, for a Wiper Transmission Linkage off the back of the wiper motor and currently being snuffed out.
Mine has blown off the factory plastic set and separated during a rainstorm 20miles from my home.
I'm not sure off the range of vehicles that might fit, so any help that way would be of assistance as well.

1982 Cordoba LS 2door T-Top.
Thanks all,
Brian.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at what parts (or remains) you have.
Many of these just became available as re-pops: (note: the original pictures are less than desirable)

1980, 1981, 1982, 1983 Chrysler Cordoba Dodge Mirada windshield wiper repair kit | eBay
J-body Wiper.png

What I think you should have.

NEW 1976-1980 Aspen Volare 2 Speed Intermittent Windshield Wiper Cam Bushing Kit | eBay
4094018 Wiper.png

One other option.

New 1977 1978 Diplomat Lebaron 2 Speed Windshield Wiper Cam Bushing Kit | eBay
4094011 Wiper.png

A third option.

BudW

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Or do you only need the bushings that go in the holes on the linkages, which are also available?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The bushing on top picture, Left top item is the bushing used for other three bushings - which can also be a problem.

The other three items on top most picture (post #2) are for the short arm from wiper motor. The three small bushings are for the rest of the wiper links.

I guess I should have asked for him to take a picture of his broken part, first.
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sort of related question here, because I'm curious. The large plastic cams are only used with intermittent wipers, yes?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The J-bodies (and other car lines) have wipers that park below the hood.
I "believe" the early intermittent wiper cars also parked (when wipers were turned off) - which is why they used a different bushing setup - but don't quote me on that part.

Reaction score
Thanks, BudW, you are correcton couple idems.
It is the orange setup you pic'd, AND I do have intermittent wipers that do park below the hood. I'll need to winterize it shprtly, so I'll see if i can repair over the winter.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The J-bodies (and other car lines) have wipers that park below the hood.
I "believe" the early intermittent wiper cars also parked (when wipers were turned off) - which is why they used a different bushing setup - but don't quote me on that part.
Thanks BudW. Now that you say that, I do remember my '78 Cordoba had the large cam bushings with the intermittent wipers that parked below the hood. That type is just awesome in the winter, when the snow melts from engine heat,,,,,,,,,,,and then freezes solid, along with the wiper arms, lol.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
One of my cars, I forget which one, had little ramps that raised the wipers off the glass when they were parked. But the way the hood was made they got blocked in by snow and ice anyway. So there's no real advantage either way.

Back