J Body Nose

65 Dartman

Reaction score
Can the J Body noses be swapped from one make to another - for example - the Imperial nose to a Mirada or Cordoba to an Imperial?

wheelman21

Reaction score
I think they will swap physically, but they were different. However, I could be wrong, hopefully someone with more expertise will chime in.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Yes but the hoods are model specific. The Mirada, 300 Cordoba LS, and Imperial will interchange. The Cordoba hood and nose have a dip that the others dont have.

The fenders will interchange, just the Mirada came with the louvers.
The rear quarter extensions are different from Mirada to the Cordoba.

CMX360

Reaction score
Yes it can be done. Big difference between the three or four I should say is that the Imperial and Cordoba used bumper shocks. The Mirada and Cordoba LS did not. So if you are going from a Doba nose to an Imp nose its a simple bolt on provided you swap hoods as well. Doba LS and Mirada have the same basic nose and can be swapped very easily. Swapping a Mirada nose for a Doba nose (who would do this?) would be a little more time consuming because the peices on the frame rails for the shocks to bolt on are not present.

WildCat

Reaction score
not an expert and really never thought about it

Was told that the doors off an Imperial and Cordoba are the same except they used heavier gauge steel on Imp door

front fenders are different, so would think the nose would be

I have a complete 81 nose in the barn, actually I have a complete 81 body less complete drivetrain

here is one of my Imperials, does it look like it would work?

82Imperial.jpg

82Imperial1.jpg

82Imperial4.jpg

why go thru the trouble

buy this one and have an Imperial

82Imperial.jpg

82Imperial1.jpg

82Imperial4.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
not an expert and really never thought about it

Was told that the doors off an Imperial and Cordoba are the same except they used heavier gauge steel on Imp door

front fenders are different, so would think the nose would be

How are the fenders different?

65 Dartman

Reaction score
I kept tripping over the 83 Imperial and 80 Cordoba noses I saved when I parted them out. So I them to a friend - he's put them in his tractor trailer cause he won't throw anything away - packrat like me! Sometimes things have just got to go though!

Back