J Body Sunroof/moonroof

65 Dartman

Reaction score
My wife recommended I not wait til the last minute to get stuff packed/organized for our yearly trip to the Nationals. So along these lines I have a complete roof from a J Cordoba with sunroof (or were they called moonroofs?) that I was thinking of taking to the Nats. Only issue is the complete roof won't fit in my vehicle. I figured the thing to do would be remove the sunroof assembly as it looks like it's bolted via numerous braces to the side channels of the main roof as well as bring the roof trim. Thoughts?

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Thats the way i would do it, no need to take the whole roof, and with possible sale/trade you can tell them you still have the whole roof if they needed it or would want it... leave it up to them for the decision on the large part.... Make sure to take all bracing if poss and of course ALL the bolts/screws etc.......

MagnumMaster

Reaction score
Now, I would take the whole roof. It can be easier (relatively speaking) to replace the whole roof panel vs trying to splice it in so to speak, but if you're wanting it for parts, that's a different story.

MagnumMaster

Reaction score
How much you gotta have for it? If I decide to keep my 81 Doba, I'd be interested in purchasing it.

Back