Jack replacement

MoparDan

Reaction score
A couple days ago some guys with an '09 or so Altima had a flat tire and no jack so I got my jack out started to raise it up and all the sudden the jack broke so no jack now what cars will have the right jack I checked LKQ's site no Ms but they've got an '85 Voyager, an '87 LeBaron 4 door, a '91 LeBaron convert. a '92 LeBaron 4 door and a couple of early '90s Dakotas would any of those work? Or do I need to find another M body jack? I still have the Grand Cherokee jack but I'm pretty sure it won't lift her up enough to get the tires off the ground

MoparDan

Reaction score
As you can see the jack is no longer useable! It had been getting hard to use like it was too tight I think maybe it needed more grease? I swear I will NEVER get under a car with one of these again! :eek:

IMG_20201021_182144_1.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
You should never get under a car with ANY jack without also using jack stands or some other means of support.
I'm not sure what would have one of those but they were used in many vehicles for years and still are to this day in brand new vehicles. It's nothing specific to an M-body. They're more or less a universal scissors jack.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Another M body I had didn't come with a jack so I got one from a late '90s Caravan because it looked the same, a long story short I got a flat and that jack wouldn't lift it high enough to get the tire off the ground

Aspen500

Reaction score
You may need to place it under the rear axle or front lower control arm, rather than on the body, to get the tire off the ground, depending on what jack you end up getting.

MoparDan

Reaction score
From what I remember the Grand Cherokee jack will get the front tire off the ground putting it on the frame rail, but it won't get the rear tire off the ground that way if I'm remembering right. When you say rear axle where exactly would I put the jack?

Back