Just bought a 1980 LeBaron.....for the second time....Lol!

spooky

Reaction score
Hey All.

I bought this car in 2010 and loved it. I was the third owner and it had never been driven in the salt or snow. It was in AWESOME shape. In 2015 I had too many cars and projects and one had to go. Unfortunately it was this car (dubbed "Spooky" b/c I had bought him on Halloween and he was white like a ghost:) and I always regretted selling him.

Fast forward to 2022..... I found the bill of sale in my papers and decided to call the guy who I sold it to. Yep, he still had it. Yep, he'd sell it back to me! Yay. Spooky and I have been reunited. He wasn't cared for very well, so we've got some work to do, but that's okay. It is gonna be fun!!!!!

spook2022.jpg

Last edited:

69-

Reaction score
Cool story. :)

How much did the intemediate owner earn on him using the car the last 7 years?

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Spooky and I have been reunited. He wasn't cared for very well, so we've got some work to do, but that's okay. It is gonna be fun!!!!!

Anything major that needs to be taken care of, or are we talking the "usual suspects" type of stuff?

My hope is it's the easy/minor stuff as opposed to the heartbreak issues!

spooky

Reaction score
Cool story. :)

How much did the intemediate owner earn on him using the car the last 7 years?
Well, he bought Spook for 2 grand, and I got him back for 800. Of course there is the engine without an intake on it, broken trunk lock and a rust hole in the floor, cracked dash, ruined carpet.........etc...

spooky

Reaction score
Anything major that needs to be taken care of, or are we talking the "usual suspects" type of stuff?

My hope is it's the easy/minor stuff as opposed to the heartbreak issues!
Well, the rust hole in the floor is a bummer......... But the rest of it won't be too hard to fix. I may even yank the old 318 (even though it is an H code car) and drop in a 360 I have here.

Oh and I'm looking for a 8.25 or a 8.75 rear for him.

CE

Back