Just When You Think You are the Only One

Enchalay

Reaction score
Hot Rod Powertour 2022. The maroon one is a LeBaron with T-Tops. He changed it to a Diplomat grill and lights. Saw him parked and had to park next to it. My Diplomat got more attention than my previous Formula Firebird.

powertourdiplomat and Lebaron.jpg

greyghost

Reaction score
That's a very cool LeBaron!! I wasn't aware that Dippy headlight and blinker packages were interchangeable with the LeBaron! The 3 things that I hate the most about the appearance of my '79 LB is the blinker over the headlight, the Landau roof and the front bumper with those raised lines in it! To me, the raised lines in the bumper looks like it belongs on a truck! I was looking at the headlight/blinkers one day and was wondering if they could be rotated and swapped from one side to the other but it didn't look like I could do that! For some reason the blinker over the headlight look reminds me of the Grizwald's station wagon in the movie "Vacation"

Aspen500

Reaction score
I was never fan of the 5th Ave headlights. Parking lights above the headlights just doesn't look right (JMO)

Darter6

Reaction score
I was never fan of the 5th Ave headlights. Parking lights above the headlights just doesn't look right (JMO)
I'll second that. I was working at the dealership when those cars were new. The Dodge looked right,The Chrysler and Plymouth looked like someone read the blue print wrong.

MoparDan

Reaction score
I always thought the same thing too, I found the Dip SE even worse, I always planed to change mine to the regular front end. Personally I never liked the half rear vinyl top on the F/As either, it always looked like it was some sort of bad aftermarket job someone had done IMO

Back