K-frame bushing question

dusterglenn

Reaction score
Do the k-frame bushings ever collapse to the point that you'd have clearance problems between the booster & valve cover? How tall are the bushings (or solid replacements) when they're new?

ramenth

Reaction score
I've never seen it. Guess it's possible.

But there's a spacer that goes through the bushings which should keep that from happening.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Cudazappa or solidbushings.com has the best price on the solid replacements. If you have a set of those tall Mopar Performance cast valve cover they can rub.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
They are is tall as the rubber biscuit were when the factory put them on. You still didn't reply back about what valve covers you running. Solid Bushings will blow the doors of the prices from Firm Feel. I am not saying Firm Feel is bad it's their prices that suck.

dusterglenn

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't checked back sooner. You guessed it, Mopar Performance aluminum valve covers.
Here's a more complete version of the story. The car belongs to a friend. It's a 76 Roadrunner that's getting a 360 to replace the worn out 318. The car itself is pretty tired, so I'm assuming the subframe bushings are sacked, but nobody's actually looked at them. I haven't seen the car in 2 or 3 years. I got a call the other day asking about smaller brake booster options, and it got me thinking.
If it was my car (which I sold a few months ago), I'd go with aluminum bushings, stock valve covers and manual brakes. But that's just me. My friend is set on the MP valve covers and power brakes...

ramenth

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't checked back sooner. You guessed it, Mopar Performance aluminum valve covers.
Here's a more complete version of the story. The car belongs to a friend. It's a 76 Roadrunner that's getting a 360 to replace the worn out 318. The car itself is pretty tired, so I'm assuming the subframe bushings are sacked, but nobody's actually looked at them. I haven't seen the car in 2 or 3 years. I got a call the other day asking about smaller brake booster options, and it got me thinking.
If it was my car (which I sold a few months ago), I'd go with aluminum bushings, stock valve covers and manual brakes. But that's just me. My friend is set on the MP valve covers and power brakes...

Yup. It's the valve covers. The former 360 in the Dip, with stamped steel v/c's, had lots of clearance at the booster. The current 360 with MP aluminums has zero clearance. And my bushings are fine.

dusterglenn

Reaction score
Well, there you go. I wonder if there's a smaller diameter booster that would be a direct replacement?

res1vw21

Reaction score
:happy3: Manual brakes are the way to go

MC support.JPG

dusterglenn

Reaction score
Yeah, if it was my car, I'd go manual.
Mr.Lopar, have you used a K-car booster? Direct bolt in? Need to drill holes for the mounting studs? Pushrod length the same? How much smaller is it's diameter?

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
i havent used it, but i know people that have done big block swaps have used the k-car booster, pretty sure it was a direct bolt on, can say for the pushrod lenght though

Back