Keep a fire extinguisher in your ride

slant6billy

Reaction score
My good friend from highschool had a small fuel leak at the fuel rail. He could have just had a small fireball and been ordering parts tonight. Instead he has burns on his arms and legs and no ride. Sadly, this guy gives the shirt off his back to almost anyone. He has brought food and supplies to Hurricane Sandy victims and helped other needy folks. Poor guy has had some real bad luck lately... like country western/ wipp'n post crap kind of stuff. Now, I know it's a vette, but this guy had cudas and dusters for years. Now, I hope he gets back into mopars and keeps an extinguisher handy. So remember as we bring our rides out from the winter nap what can happen in just seconds
B williams 2.jpg
Billy Williams vette.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me! I keep thinking I need an extinguisher in the car but think that when I can't go buy one. When I can go buy one, I don't think of it. This from a guy with 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the utility room, 1 upstairs, another in the attached garage, 2 more in the big garage and another in the storage shed. Time for one more. Make that 2 more, really should have one in the Dakota also.

Side note: Our F.D. likes to see an extinguisher anywhere there's a fuel burning appliance (like the furnace, water heater, any stove, etc), anywhere a fuel burning device is kept (like a car, lawnmower, etc), and any place where work is done that produces sparks or flame. I pass every year! It's not a mandatory thing BUT, it is an excellent idea and I get a 10% discount on my home insurance for passing inspection. Their thought is, if a fire can be stopped right away, there's less chance of needing to call 911.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Good opportunity for a reminder! It was one of the first things I bought for OY before leaving on the 2000 trip home across country in a 36 year old car that I had never driven before. Thought it might be a good idea! Sorry your friend lost his car and was hurt. Thanks for the reminder, you just never know.

80mirada

Reaction score
I always keep one in the garage. I kept one between the seats in the Mirada for years. Now I need to replace my old ones since they started leaking propellant.

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
I kept one between the seats in the Mirada for years.
I do the same, haven't had to use it, but I have burned up wiring twice. One time there was a legitimate small fire that my dad put out with his hand, lol. In other news ive learned from those mistakes.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Good reminder. My Dad had a J-Body burn to the ground after a friend installed a stereo for him. It's not clear if the stereo install caused the fire, but..... I digress -- I should pick one up for Darlene the Cordoba.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I need to get a couple myself. Had a buddy who had a newer Subaru burn up because of a fire that was cause for a recall. Supposedly, after these specific models and years hit so many miles, theyd catch on fire. He said the dealership knew of 3 or 4 that had the same thing happen

Aspen500

Reaction score
Back in the late '80's I had a buddy with a '73 Imperial land yacht. One day the fuel hose off the pump split and started a fire. If it wasn't for him having an extinguisher in the car and successfully putting the fire out, it would have been the end for the car.
Worst part? He had just sold it and was driving it over to the new owners house when the fire started. The guy still took the car and actually refused to pay less than the price they both had agreed on.

Back