Late model Dodge Chrysler wheels on a Diplomat

FMJ Bob

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the board here. I have a 78 Diplomat 2 door that I bought to make a performance street car. I want to add a nice set of wheels. I'm wanting to know if the wheels from a late model Charger,Magnum wagon or 300 will work on the Dip. I see these on C-list often with decent tires still mounted at a reasonble price. I want some bling for this car without spending a ton of cash. Anyone done this yet?

slant6billy

Reaction score
Yep lots of "Takeoff" wheels from the newer mopar rear wheel drives here too. Even the low option hubcap tire package on those cars would be a nice upgrade for handling alone. I would think they are still 5 by 4.5 bolt pattern, but the backspace on F bodies and possibly M & J are the same- my not be forgiving. You may need a 1/2 inch spacer? There are sizing tools and homemade sizing tools to help you figure it...... Perhaps a test fit is the easiest?

efriedrich

Reaction score
The LX chrysler bolt pattern is 5x115mm and the M body bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3mm. Its close but not the same. Some people make them fit by various means, I'm not a big fan of making them fit. If you search the FABO and FBBO wheel and tire threads there are several that discuss this topic in great detail.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the board here. I have a 78 Diplomat 2 door that I bought to make a performance street car. I want to add a nice set of wheels. I'm wanting to know if the wheels from a late model Charger,Magnum wagon or 300 will work on the Dip. I see these on C-list often with decent tires still mounted at a reasonble price. I want some bling for this car without spending a ton of cash. Anyone done this yet?

They will never fit.
To top it off they are not 15's

FMJ Bob

Reaction score
Yea I kinda figured they weren't the same or other folks would be showing them off on their FMJ cars. However thats a close enough measurment that I may enlist the help/advice of a friend of a friend who owns a machine shop. I'm in the gathering parts phase right now. Plan on a 5.9 Magnun swap & keeping the factory A/C. Just sold my last project (Cummins Ram) & want to do this one next. This will be a road car/ice cream fetcher. I want it to run good/look good & have some comfort to it.

Back