Leaf springs

dipin87

Reaction score
I need to replace the leaf springs on my sons 87 Diplomat any suggestions on who to get them thru. Just looking for something that will put it back to being level again. Rearend is dipin down a bit.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I have a set with 4 leafs on my car. I acquired a set with 7 leafs- are these from a F body wagon? Possibly?

dipin87

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replys. J.C Whitneys will be getting a call tommorrow.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replys. J.C Whitneys will be getting a call tommorrow.
The only differance from stock is that they come with a round front eyelet instead of an oval shape ones. I got my front round bushing from Energy Suspension and it is poly.

ramenth

Reaction score
Or you can look for a set of B-body shock plates, eliminate the iso's, and go with a set of junkyard Dakota springs.

dipin87

Reaction score
Would a set of the shocks that are sold at JCWhitney that have a coil spring around the shock itself help the sagging rear end or would it be smarter to just replace the leaf springs?

ramenth

Reaction score
If the parts are bad, they need to be replaced. Coil over shocks, air shocks, etc. are just band aids masking the issue and a stop gap repair delaying the inevitable.

dipin87

Reaction score
Okay got some new leaf springs for my sons diplomat and now its time to get the old out and the new in. But I have a question about those pieces of material that the leaf spring is smashed between. I think that is what I have read thats called iso's? How do they come apart????????? Haven't started the process of replacing the springs yet so I figured I ask first.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
You can pry them out real easy. You can also get some poly ones to replace them. I think Energy Suspension makes them or you can get rid of them using Firm Feel's peices or Solid Bushings offerings. Where did you end up getting then from?

dipin87

Reaction score
Called up a spring shop in Indiana and they ordered them from some place out of Pennsyvania. Hopefully this Sunday my son and I wiil tackle this project.

Back