Locks randomly lock, and are being held in the "LOCK" position by power

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
There are just the two lock buttons on the doors, and an aftermarket key-less entry and start installed..

Is there anything about the stock system that would apply power to the LOCK and keep power on them? Like it keeps them held down, you never hear the power release..

I am thinking it might be the aftermarket crap that was installed.. And its installed ever so nicely too...

tallhair

Reaction score
Was there a switch in the original system that only applied power to engage the lock then removed power after the locks were applied that was bypassed on this install? I'm bettting it's the after market system at fault, possibly something is grounded or failed.

As far as the original system I'd check, or get and check a Factor Service Manual (FSM) to see what the OE system did and how it did it

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
I am not sure, this is my grandmothers car and this has been installed for quite some time.. I don't know anything about its install or anything lol.

It doesn't do it all the time.. or even frequently.. its very weird.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I am not sure, this is my grandmothers car and this has been installed for quite some time.. I don't know anything about its install or anything lol.

Spiritual possession is common in Chryslers..... :icon_super:

Monkeyed

Reaction score

the first thing any place around here would want to do to troubleshoot it is disconnect the aftermarket unit, and see if that makes it stop.

compubert

Reaction score

Could be a hung relay. If they get stuck then it would hold in the active mode till it overheated or just unstuck...

NoCar340

Reaction score
Properly installed, those aftermarket units aren't usually problematic.

The problem is, they're almost never properly installed. Scotch-loks, electrical tape wrapped around stripped and twisted wires, wingnuts... all very scary stuff.

Back