Looking for a wiring diagram

MoparMuscleMan440

Reaction score
I am now installing an aftermarket Pioneer Supertuner III, coupled with a vintage Clarion EQB-3 equalizer/booster in my '87 Fifth Ave. Everything is really going well, but I sure could use the help of a stereo wiring diagram for this particular vehicle. I've been able to remove the factory rear amp, because, frankly, it's junk anyway, while using the factory wiring from the rear to the front. I've also got the front speaker wires identified, except for the left speaker ground. The real help would be identifying the three wires that come off the rear amp switch. Eventually, I'm sure I'll get it all figured out, but a stereo wiring diagram for an '87 Chrysler Fifth Ave., sure would be a godsend. I have manuals that have wiring diagrams of all the electrical circuits, but nothing of the radio system. Anyone know where I can get one of these diagrams?

MoparMuscleMan440

Reaction score
After doing some research, I think maybe I could find the stereo wiring info from a service manual. I'll give that a try and see where it takes me. Thanks all.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Its standard wiring for the 2 plug chrysler radios from the 80s and 90s. See attached. The colors may or may not be the same but the locations in the plugs never changed.

2011-08-02_175237_radio_pulgs_1.jpg

Back