WANTED Magnum GT trim rings (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffB#2

Reaction score
Contact seller
To be able to use Phil's front spoiler on my Shaggin' Wagon, I can't continue to use the 255/60-15 tires on my 15 x 8 Super Coupe wheels, they rub the trailing edge of the flares on any turns. I have a pair of Magnum GT wheels with new smaller tires planned. The backspacing on the 7" wide wheels is a LOT friendlier for the wheel flare clearance. But..... the Super Coupe trim rings don't look "right" on the 7" wide wheels. Fit, yes, look correct, not to me. I had a single trim ring a while back that was missing a clip, I gave it away to someone that might be on here for the shipping cost. Should have kept it but then I'd still be looking for another one, and a 4th retaining clip for it.

Anyone sitting on a pair of trim rings that they'd let go? Don't need to be NOS or even close to perfect. I'm in western WI and will be at Mopars in the Park both days this weekend with the wagon.

SC wheels.jpg

JeffB#2

Reaction score
Yes I put this in the wrong section, someone move it to Parts wanted please.....

JeffB#2

Reaction score
a little late for a reply maybe..... there really was a trim ring specifically for the 7" wheels that looked just like the Super Coupe trim rings. I've had one here so I know that they exist, same shape, lip, finish and identical clips but just not as wide. I haven't had time to try to find the part number. I did get a couple of trim rings from Mark that will definitely work, thanks again. They don't match the Super Coupe / Magnum rings but I'm not at all concerned with that at this point, they look good.

This project got sidetracked but I'm getting back to the wagon in a few weeks. I ended up with a new toy in early June and have been having a BLAST with it for the last 8 weeks. Throw cooler, chair and misc in the trunk, drive 50 miles to the drag strip, unload, run mid 11s, drive home. Looking for 11.20s with some cooler weather later this year.

IMG_20160723_101215952_HDR (1600x756) (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back