Status
Not open for further replies.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
You referring to this part:
20200407_162757r.jpg

20200407_162803r.jpg

There are two versions: With cast iron master cylinder and with aluminum master cylinder - which (I think) is a mid-year '78 change.
The top and bottom holes are the same. The middle two holes are in different location. The pictures above use the aluminum master cylinder.

I am undecided on using the above pictured part - so not willing to sell it (at this time).
It is made from thick steel. I would be willing to take measurements for you and I would recommend using a piece of thick aluminum plate to make one - which would end up being lighter (and can be painted to match body color . . . or black).
BudW

Duke5A

Reaction score
Thanks Bud. I posted this because I'm in the middle of changing valve springs on the car and it looked like I was going to have to pull the booster for clearance. Figured I would make the conversion to manual while it is apart since the booster is nothing but a headache to me, but I was actually able to swap the springs out on number seven without removing it. Now that I'll have more time to figure the swap I'll make my own plate as you suggest.

I think you may have posted those dimensions for me before here.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think I have (but, hey, I've slept sense then, so who knows).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back