Maybe Trump isn't too bad after all.....

Justwondering

Reaction score
I remember listening to Barbara Jordan (Texas politics) when I was growing up. She was articulate, had high expectations of herself and her constituents, and could compose a sentence/speech/position paper using proper grammar.

I also remember when folks had discussions about different viewpoints without all the whining, race baiting, shouting, and derogatory remarks. I can assure you that wasn't tolerated at our kitchen table.

Journalists were expected to provide both sides of the story, fact based sources, and be non-political ... they were writing to inform the readership--not persuasive speech, not demeaning.

I'm not a fan of the current crop: politicians, journalists, or media buffoons.

Which is why I spend less and less time with tv, the 'interweb' and no time with social media.

Thats my thoughts and I'm on to the next project-- as soon as I replace the fuel line going to the fuel pump on the Chrysler. o_O

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I think the people owning/running the media should not be allowed to influence the reporting, which is very obviously what is happening. The "news organizations" have become propaganda platforms for their owners/editors, and journalistic integrity is now long gone.

It seems that it is no longer possible to hold a differing opinion from the media, and not get called names or be subject to hateful commentary.

Look at what happened when Trump pulled out of the Paris accord. All the usual suspects came crawling out of the woodwork to criticize, paint doomsday scenarios, etc. This of course neglected the fact that the US congress had never even voted on whether or not to ratify the accord, that the greenhouse gas targets were neither binding nor were there actual limits imposed (each signatory country can set their own targets and schedule to meet those targets. and even so, are non-binding). and that the biggest greenhouse gas emitting country in the world (China) doesn't is exempt. It also will NOT do anything to reduce greenhouse gasses, as it it the same as the Kyoto accord in that, at its core, it is a wealth re-distribution scheme, not a greenhouse gas reduction plan. Trump. to his credit, saw it for what it was, and refused to let the US economy be managed by the UN. Our twerp of a PM is too brain dead to see it. Yet the media, "progressives", Obama, and all of the other clowns are predicting doom and gloom till the cows come home.

Back