Mexican Oddities

CMX360

Reaction score
Anyone seen the Mexico only Magnum? Not the best picture of one but you get the idea. They had tuff wheels, bucket seats, console shift, silver dash, fender mounted turn signals (although the one in the pic doesn't), 360 4bbls (with 300 hp! or so I've read), those sexy wheels, blacked out window trim, body color wheel opening moldings (this one doesn't have them at all), and those louvers behind the opera windows. I know they were built in 82 but I'm not sure about other years. Its also said that they had dual exhaust down one side. At some point the name was shifted over to a suped up K-car but other than knowing they existed I know nothing more. Also in Mexico only they have 80 Volare nosed M-bodies called Darts. And then they had normal nosed ones as well named Darts. Mother Mopar had some strange kids.
F05-0004342.jpg

81Crown

Reaction score
that one cool looking car. a volare nose on a m bod sounds cool.

Dodgestrike

Reaction score
They also had newprocess 4speed trans or 727 3speed, rear swaybar and DANA 44 rear end.

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
They also had newprocess 4speed trans or 727 3speed, rear swaybar and DANA 44 rear end.

Well, that's interesting.

A lot of folks are using 8.8s over on the A-body circles, most of us with the F/M/J platforms have access to 8.25's...

I wonder what 44 might work in our Mopars? :eusa_think:

MeMike

Reaction score
Well, that's interesting.

A lot of folks are using 8.8s over on the A-body circles, most of us with the F/M/J platforms have access to 8.25's...

I wonder what 44 might work in our Mopars? :eusa_think:

Are you refereeing to a dana axle ramenth ?

ramenth

Reaction score
Are you refereeing to a dana axle ramenth ?

Yup. Considering AMC/Jeep used Dana 20's and Dana 44's I wonder what might be out there which might get a Dana under a car.

I just did a ton of work to an Isuzu Rodeo with rear disks which had a Dana 44 for the rear. I found this out because the pinion seal was leaking and the truck was available with two different rears.

Considering that, I wonder....

MeMike

Reaction score
Yup. Considering AMC/Jeep used Dana 20's and Dana 44's I wonder what might be out there which might get a Dana under a car.

I just did a ton of work to an Isuzu Rodeo with rear disks which had a Dana 44 for the rear. I found this out because the pinion seal was leaking and the truck was available with two different rears.

Considering that, I wonder....

Wow :eusa_think: Makes a man think and wonder if they would make for a great slant six rear end for my car. Just have them drilled out for sbp :icon_thumleft:

Bryan M.

Reaction score
The M-based Magnum was '81-'82. The Volare-nosed Dart is a hit-and-miss, I've also seen the regular Dip/Caravelle nose on them. Some of the other ones are even more interesting, like the F-body Super Bee.

F05-0012490.jpg

Last edited:

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
The M-based Magnum was '81-'82. The Volare-nosed Dart is a hit-and-miss, I've also seen the regular Dip/Caravelle nose on them. Some of the other ones are even more interesting, like the F-body Super Bee.

faves-14043270@N08

[IMG}http://www.allpar.com/photos/dodge/dart/diplodart.jpg[/IMG]

got the link , can't see anything though .

Back