FOR SALE [MI] 1987 Fifth Avenue - *Built* Lots of Parts, Read Description

Status
Not open for further replies.

exiled350

Reaction score
Contact seller
The time has come to part with my beloved Fifth Ave, I have owned this car since 1999 and its sat garaged since about 2007. Milage is about 116k.

As it sits it does not want to run, either the carb is gummed up or the fuel pump has given up. It will run for a second or two with a healthy spray of starting fluid but that's it. Now the bad news, even if it did run it does not shift out of first gear, best guess is the low/reverse band has broke or came off the solenoid.

BODY - The body is clean and relatively straight, there is some surface rust around the rear wheel arches and bubbling right behind the left rear door below the landau but no perforation anywhere that I am aware of. The factory option ASC moonroof operates as expected and did not leak last time it got washed. Both passenger doors are heavily damaged but I have a pair of low milage, undamaged silver doors to replace them. The driver doors are dented but should be fixable. There is some damage to the rear panel, where the tail lamps mount to but its been beat back into place and the decklid closes properly and lines are good. The decklid currently installed is from a diplomat and brown but the original decklid will be included. The front facia was replaced due to a damaged grill, the original damaged one will be included as well. The outside mirrors are both manual remote sport mirrors from Volare/Aspen. The landau is in good shape and not dryroted or torn.

INTERIOR - The interior is clean but needs work. Everything was retrimmed in about 2000 or so but not so well. The seats are leather and free from rips and cracks. A lot of the trim was painted black and shows quite a bit of wear with the silver showing through. All the gauges work, including the ammeter. A 125mph speedo is installed and the mileage is correct, or as I believe to be, as I swapped the odometer barrel. The windows work for the most part but the power lock actuators no longer actuate. There is an aftermarket alarm installed but currently disabled, the remote locks and trunk release did work but no longer. An aftermarket radio was installed but not included, aftermarket speakers are in place and will remain. Original Am/FM radio is included.

DRIVETRAIN - The stock 318 was gone through and built up in the early 2000s. A high volume oil pump was installed, Mopar Purple 340/340 cam installed, Edelbrock performer intake and 1406 carb, Vacuum advance distributor and MSD 6a ignition. Long tube headers, dual H-piped exhaust with dual dynomax ultraflow mufflers that turn down before the axle. Best guess was around 300hp at the crank, and it would happily spin to 6k. Trans is the stock A904 with a /6 motorhome high stall converter and upgraded to 5 clutch packs with performance friction. The valve body was modified with a B&M stage two shift kit. When it shifted it was quite crisp and could chirp the tires on a 1-2 upshift. Rear axle is an 8 1/4 from a '77 Volare wagon with 3.21 gears and open diff, a suregrip diff will be included with the vehicle.

There is a ton of extra parts I have accumulated over the years for this vehicle, its all included with the sale. Almost a full interior, the two passenger doors, decklid, front fascia, some random exterior parts, and random engine parts.

These pictures are a bit old but accurate as it has not moved since they were taken.

$1500 OBO

Picture 001.jpg
IMG_20210925_143836.jpg
IMG_20210925_143905.jpg
IMG_20210925_144028.jpg
IMG_20210925_144105.jpg

IMG_20210925_144203.jpg

exiled350

Reaction score
Dropping the price to $1000 or best. As they say, No Reasonable Offers Refused. I am highly motivated to get this vehicle into the hands of someone who can use it rather than sending it to the shredder.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Sorry to see it go. I'd buy it, but don't have any more room. Remember first seeing that car in the college parking lot 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back