Miller Special Tools for Chrysler repair shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for tools that are shown on auto shop manuals. Don´t have anything of those special tools so I´d like to buy a set rather than one at a time.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Yeah I know but they are selling one tool per auction, but the shipping would be crazy when buying close to a 100 tools from 100 different sellers, so I should find someone, perhaps a former Chrysler shop mechanic that has had the tools as a bundle and is willing to sell them as a bundle. I saw an old forum discussion about one guy having all of the 1980s Miller tools for sale but the topic was couple years old...

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'd say searching Ebay and forums and such would be your best bet.
Considering these are 30 year old tools finding them in a near package is probably unlikely....good luck on your quest.

volaredon

Reaction score
over 1/2 the time that special tool isn't really needed....

Kaitsu

Reaction score
What kind of situations is a special tool really necessary? I´m starting to lean on the opinion that you really don´t need every piston ring installer etc and you buy just some random pullers instead. What about bushing installers? I heard some wizards put them in with some trick, but I´ve never seen it myself...

ramenth

Reaction score
Bushing installers? Like suspension bushings?

I built my own out of all thread and iron pipe used for plumbing.

As far as "specialty" tools, there are a few out there that are handy to have, but not something that can be over come. My adjuster for modern 8.25" is an old craftsman socket welded to a nut. The nut fits the adjuster, the socket allows me to put extensions on it to go through the tubes.

There are spring type ring installers out there that fit various piston bores. One size fits most solution.

If you're looking for something "special" that you can't make, check out OTC or Lisle. They're known for duplicating a lot of the factory tools, in better quality.

inmywj

Reaction score
I used to work for SPX Service Solutions (Owatonna Tools Corporation), which licensed the Miller Special tools brand and manufactured all the special service tools for Chrysler. While it is true, many times you can get by without the tools, many times the tools cut down on the time the job took or aided in not causing damage to surrounding accoutrements. The Service Solutions division was sold to Bosch, but I believe the Miller Special tools name is being licensed by Snap-On at present. You could try the website for Bosch Automotive Service Solutions: www . otctools . com. If that does not work, try Snap-On. I believe Bosch has the legacy tools still and I have borrowed tools from former co-workers for special uses on my Durango and Aspen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back