Mirada Cordoba Console Top - Brushed Alum Trim Intrest?

wingcar

Reaction score
Don't know if you guys would be interested in this but, I have a NOS trim piece for the top of our consoles that I was going to get DMT to see if he can replicate it before I install it on mine. What do ya think?

J Body Console Trim (1).JPG

J Body Console Trim (2).JPG

DCAspen

Reaction score
I'd like to get one of those for my console,Count me in.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
If you can get me high res photos next to a ruler, along with some measurements, then I can make CAD files for reproduction.

wingcar

Reaction score
I lent it to Jim who owns Detroit Muscle Technologies. An awesome company that reproduces gaskets, weather stripping, decals just like this and he's very familiar with the material itself. I'll keep you guys posted. I think this might have been the last NOS one out there. I bought it back in the early 90's from Chrysler.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Wingcar, did you ever get any of the alum. console tops cut? Are these replacements for damaged/missing or a cover for the original Alum. covers?

wingcar

Reaction score
I'll give Jim a call tomorrow and find out what the status is. Its not just an overlay, it's what the factory installed on the top surface for the brushed aluminum applique finish. It wasn't really aluminum, just looked like it. If you had the burlwood (woodgrain) finish, it was the same kind of applique.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Oh I see. I guess I wasn't aware that my Alum is applique. So whats your plan? Cut some 20 or 22G Alum with a brushed finish? That burl wood applique and probably the factory Alum must be that floating ink/paint like they use to put camo on rifles, bike tanks and fenders or odd shaped things. Reminded me a little of putting stickers on models. Just thinking out loud. Probably wouldn't be real tough to find that or a close burled wood pattern to cover some for customers who wanted to upgrade the interior. I am curious.

4speedjim

Reaction score
I think he it trying to get some made and looking for people who'll commit to buy one when finished. He is waiting on the shop that's going to make them to give him a price. He will give you the answers, that's what my understanding is.

Back