mystery air cleaner

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Anyone know what this air cleaner originally came on? Ignore the orange paint and the pie tin I did that myself.

It is a dual snorkel and it is for a smallblock as there is a indentation in the back for distributor clearance. Also the snorkels are closer together than a big block one and there are no vacuum actuators on the snorkels. It was black when I got it.

Someone told me police car?

I am pondering selling it but I would like to know what it is for first lol

-Kenny

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
untitled.JPG

Pic

untitled.JPG

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Yeah, big block. the indentation is probably for wiper motor clearance

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Yeah, big block. the indentation is probably for wiper motor clearance

Trust me guys it is small block the indent is in the dist spot exactly and if you put it on a bb the snorkel hits the distributor, I have compared it to a big block one and the snorkels are closer together, I just want to know what small block it came on

slant6billy

Reaction score
I have the dual snorkel with vac actuators. Mine does not hit the distributor, but I have a holley and a spacer plate. The longer snorkel on mine will hit the rib in the hood on the driver side. I had to rework the rib and the 6 pack scoop. This looks early to mid 70s- perhaps Duster Twister, Dart Sport.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Big block snorkel sitting high

The big triangular notch in the front is questionable. It does clear everything, but I recomend a hat spacer about 1/2 inch or so. The K&N lid and reuseable element were 3 bucks at our town yardsale. That's 3 dollars US. It's got a cool look, I think, anyway

mopar snorkel.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score

Well that is her, I guess the spot in the back is for firewall on the motor home but it still is very tight on a big block. When wagonmaster gets his wires on it will be really close to the dist. I tried this air cleaner on my 383 and it just didn't fit well.

I do stand corrected!

It fits a small block nicely:)

Next question is does anyone wanna buy it? LOL

And I am definately adding that website to my favorites.

Last edited:

83Imp

Reaction score
The big triangular notch in the front is questionable. It does clear everything, but I recomend a hat spacer about 1/2 inch or so. The K&N lid and reuseable element were 3 bucks at our town yardsale. That's 3 dollars US. It's got a cool look, I think, anyway

I'm guessing AC compressor or for something that needed to be re-routed for the AC compressor.

Back