New Canadian eh!

StrokerAspen

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am looking at purchasing an A-body, so I was browsing through some info on the A-Body forum and noticed there was an FJM forum here as well! So I figured I would join up and snoop around.

I have a 1976 Dodge Aspen that I have had since I was 15. Every year (except for this past year) We are always changing something on the car, playing around. We have a family run engine shop in Alberta Canada here called "Joss Engines". My Aspen has kind of been the test mule for playing around with the small block stuff.

My parents gave me my Aspen for my 15th birthday. Dad and I had looked at the car, and offered $800.00 for it a month earlier. Someone else bought it for $1000.00. Turns out the new owner only wanted the slant six and transmission for his resto project he was doing on a convertible dart. The whole car was very low miles. True granny's car with on 19701 miles on the clock. We ended up removing the powertrain out of the car for him, and bought the roller for $200.00.

The car first got a 340 small block backed by a 727. We went through a couple camshafts, and some other changes over a couple years and got the best of 12.32 @ 111mph in 4000ft. air.

After that we started playing with a Joss built 434ci small block. We built this engine out a 1969 318 block. It ran a best of 11.18 @ 118mph with J heads, and running out of gear about the 900-1000ft. mark (5.13's with a 28" tire)

here is the first run with the 434....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0D1Z7edlUQ[/ame]

Last year we added a set of W2 heads from IMM Engine. I ditched the 5.13's and put in the other gear set I had, the 3.23's. It also has a tight nitrous converter in it currently. Basically, what I am saying, is it currently leaves like a dump truck. haha. It ran an 11.05 @ 124mph this way with a 1.73 60' . Full street trim...

First time out with the W2 top end...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_0kq1AkkEI[/ame]

This year the car is getting a big loose converter and some 3.91's

So, there is a little introduction from me! Thanks for taking a look!

-Kenny Joss

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
:oops:Kenny your the first Canadian to double thread in the welcome wagon...welcome aboard...you might find some videos of your car hauling down the track in the racing section...Eric

StrokerAspen

Reaction score
Haha, sorry! I didnt see it show up so I re-posted. haha.

I will have to go take a look! Thanks

-Kenny

crayzcuda

Reaction score
Welcome neighbor! Glad you joined up. Your car looks great.

I'll have to do a road trip one day and watch you run.

Hey bremereric, us Canadians like our "double doubles"

StrokerAspen

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Welcome neighbor! Glad you joined up. Your car looks great.

I'll have to do a road trip one day and watch you run.

Hey bremereric, us Canadians like our "double doubles"

Sounds good! I might be up your way at some secret street events this year. I just had my head gaskets go in the car. Haha. So it's down for a little bit. Here I thought I was all ready to go since I didn't touch the car all winter. Silly me.

SO, the 468ci. R3 is getting bolted together this week, and we will give that a try for now! Still going to leave the stock internals 8 3/4 diff in the car with the 3.23's haha. Fingers crossed it will hold together this year.

And yes, I love my "double doubles" and my "Poutine's" eh buddy!

-Kenny

Back