New from West Virginia

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
New engine is a 90's 360 magnum block, 30' over 408 stroker. It has Kb pistons 11to1 CR, comp cam XR292HR-10, engine pro roller rockers, edlebrock aluminum heads and an edlebrock air gap intake.
Picture 640.jpg
Picture 639.jpg
Picture 650.jpg
Picture 641.jpg
Picture 642.jpg

Picture 640.jpg

Picture 639.jpg

Picture 650.jpg

Picture 641.jpg

Picture 642.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Oh My! That's gonna be fun! Looks like I'll be seeing Your taillights next time!

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Few more updates for you, went to the Mopar Nationals and went a best of 13.7 at 100.8 mph with a 2.2 60ft. Was running street tires with the original transmission and torque convertor, only leaving the lineat 800rpm cause i still had to drive it home. I now have the old lock-up transmission out of the car and am getting a new Cope Racing Transmission 904 with a new 3500 stall convertor. So itll be much faster next year. Since i have the car up in the air i am putting subframe connectors on and a driveshaft loop. Im also going to be getting another set of wheels to put some drag radials on for when im at the track, so was curious what size wheel other people are running on the back as well as what is the backspacing and offset of the wheels? Plan on running a 275/60r15 tire. I was also considering changing out the shocks while im at it, any suggestions?

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Love the cool rides.:icon_thumleft:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Lot more fun with that new motor, huh? That new trans and converter will make a big difference. That might be too much stall for that gear though. I run a 3.55 also with a 2500 stall.

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Lot more fun with that new motor, huh? That new trans and converter will make a big difference. That might be too much stall for that gear though. I run a 3.55 also with a 2500 stall.
It sure is, im looking foward to seeing how big a difference the trans and converter will make. Well from comp cam they recommend 3000+ stall as well as i went with the lower first and second gearing in the transmission, which will make my 3.55 more like 3.73 in first and second gear.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Are you turning the car into a track car, or cruiser with occasional track time. I guess your end goal will determine tire, spring and shock choices.

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Are you turning the car into a track car, or cruiser with occasional track time. I guess your end goal will determine tire, spring and shock choices.
The end goal is more of a track car that will occasionally see the street. I already have the tire i want selected, a mickey thompson et street radial pro. Its pretty much a drag slick, but will only be on the car at the track. When i have it on the street i like to open it up anyway and can put up with a rougher ride or what have you to get the performance out of the car. I probably only put at most 700 miles on it a year.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
With a B body 8 3/4 rear, the largest tire that will fit is a 275/60/15. (28"X9") using stock 10 spoke rims. The back spacing escapes me, at my present intoxicated state......

LSM360

Reaction score
Wow, cool cars! Love the Mirada, and the Roadrunners too. Those were actually my favorite RR bodies. Nice collection.

greyghost

Reaction score
Man that is one sweet project going on! I've often dreamed of putting an engine like that in my LeBaron but financial constraints have got me just slightly soupin' up my 318.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Hello All! I figure I should start off by giving the history behind my 1981 Dodge Mirada. My dad bought the car new in 81, he ran it for 4 years. He then sold it to my grand dad, who ran it for ten years. The car was then parked in a garage for the next 12 years or so until I bought it off him. I have had it for about five years now. A few pics after cleaning the dust off, new tires and re-gasketing and painting valve covers.View attachment 4277View attachment 4278

I saw the posted size of the rear tires. What's the front tire size?

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Figured its easier to post my more current pictures here so that they are all in one place. First one is pretty cool cause its in front of the old West Virginia State Penitentiary. Second is a picture of the transmission I just put in. The third and fourth are pictures of my engine as it is now. Differences from before are all msd ignition... which includes wires, ignition box, and distributor...and the dual electric fan set up. And finally the new switch panel, which cleaned the interior up.

DSCF0430.JPG

DSCF0775.JPG

DSCF0996.JPG

DSCF0997.JPG

DSCF0951.JPG

Back