New guy from N.Texas

79HwyBrd

Reaction score
Thought I'd add my introduction since I just recently joined. Bought my 79 Road Runner brand new and still have it. The sad part is I had an electrical fire a LONG time ago and I just parted the car.

Attaching a picture of what the car looked like when all was good with it. It was so long ago that I don't have any digital images and had to scan a picture. I'm embarassed what it looks like now but will get around to uncovering it and getting some pictures taken.

I had done some mild customization to the car (shaved door handles and marker lights). The biggest change was removing the back tail lights and swapping in two sets of imperial tail lights (so the entire backend is tail lights). Changed out the Volare grill for the Aspen grill when the car digested a large bird in the center of the grill. Also cut the front bumpers to insert driving lights. Spoiler mounted on the rear deck was widened from a Daytona (I think).

Has a 360 with aluminum intake and headers with auto trans. Back tires were 295/50-15 and fronts were something like 245's. All four tires are rotted at this point :crybaby2:.

The license plates I used to have was HwyBrd (get it, Road Runner?) Thought that would be an appropriate login. :)

79HwyBrd-small.jpg

res1vw21

Reaction score
Nice looking RR, I would love to see the tail lights! I put demon lights in one of my Aspens.

79HwyBrd

Reaction score
Only picture I could find quickly. The car's buried in the shop and I will have to make a point to drag it out and snap a few pictures.

The 2000 Dakota is my daily driver.

RR Back.jpg

efriedrich

Reaction score
Howdy partner. So you still have a shell, whats next?

Last edited:

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Welcome aboard... Time to show some love once again for sure, was a great looking car...

79HwyBrd

Reaction score
I had a mistype in my original post. It should've said "...ago and I just parked the car" instead of "....ago and I just parted the car". Still have a complete car, it just needs a bunch of elbow grease and TLC to bring it back.

Of course, I can't just get it back to a running state as now I'm thinking i'd be nice to do some "upgrades" to the car. Guess the big thing is just getting off my keester and doing anything with the car.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Welcome friend..... Nice mild custom F- body you got there.... we might be related. I don't know anyone else sick-minded as me to customize the Mopar F - bodies.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Oh well hell then, I will quit feeling sorry for ya, lol, start by gettin the thing runnin and driving. The mechanical shit is the fun part.

Last edited:
Back