Oil cooler fuel pumps

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Okay, I am working on the GF due to a small coolant leak at the upper LH of the timing chain cover. Everything must come off, so I replace the water pump, gaskets, and go to get a fuel pump. The new fuel pump doesn't work, the oil return hard line (which is basically a banjo bolt with an adapter, a 4" piece of pipe w/threaded ends, and a female adapter on the outside end) will not thread in. I look closer- the upper section of the pump body is more 'flared' out in it's center, which kicks the oil line off center.
The Carter number is M60519, and the other P/N is M60514. Tried the other number, same issue. Tried several other suppliers (and referenced off the 2 P/Ns'), nothing different- heck, even the dealer has an NS1. Airtex did offer to rebuild it for me, for the bargain price of $150+ S&H.
Best deal? Arthur Gould (in NY) who will rebuild and ship for about $100
I'll do it later, mine still works, but be aware not to toss these pumps!

Last edited:

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
More "flared"? Is it something that can be handled with a grinder?
Hell, unless you really, really want the mechanical pump....a hunski will buy you a pretty decent electric pump. Shop right and you'd have enough left over for a 6-pack of your favorite beverage. :eek:ccasion14:

Last edited:

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Len @ Deception Pass Auto Parts has 'em...$38 plus shipping and tax (Washington State is my home state). Collector's Auto (in Oroville,WA) has them, too- $90 plus tax and shipping

Back