one of my past projects this was my first build

armataz

Reaction score
it was my mom's 1976 volare premeir 318.
some one pulled out in front of her and she caught them on her right front
this was shortly after I got it.

aaf.jpg

added 20 ga. steal sale pannels to the rear quarter
aak.jpg

replaced the fenders, hood and added a set of air scoops
aao.jpg

modified a ford super duty billet grill to fit the volare'

aat.jpg

added the volare premier fender badge to it

abk.jpg

swithced over to the le barron instrument gauges

aaft.jpg

took out the back seat and built a Oak tool box to replace it

aae.jpg

steal appliance 5 spokes and light truck tires and I did the repaint as well

aai.jpg

aakt.jpg

Last edited:

armataz

Reaction score
by the way the duster in the first pic was also mine at the time I painted the wagon to match it,

armataz

Reaction score
unfortunatly shortly after those pics were taken, I was going to a convention in Los Angeles, and visit some friends there.
and blew the left front tire on the grapevine at 75MPH.in the far left lane next to a concrete divider. hit so hard it picked the nose up and tossed the back end into it as well. wound up parked side ways on the I-5 across lanes 3, 4,&5. with a mack truck a foot off the passenger side door.

aam.jpg

pushed the nose over about a foot

aal.jpg

the back end about 4 inches

aan.jpg

I guess you can see how twisted the back end is
aaot.jpg

aas.jpg

a shot of the new frame structure steering box tucked in nicely against the exhaust manifold
aar.jpg

not just bent but also busted off the body

aap_sized.jpg

last seen in Cascaic California ( just a few miles before 6 flags. heading towards LA 2006)
I was still making payments on the wheels and tires.

Last edited:

armataz

Reaction score
Ouch. Was it ever repaired or was it past that?
it was way too twisted up to even think about bringing it back to oregon. I had to abandon it there. I lucked out though (considering ) while I was trying to figure out what to do next. a highway contractor came in to refill a water truck struck up a conversation with me about it, and I told him the whole story.
turned out he had a 73 dart body that could use the engine and rebuilt transmission, and some of the other parts. so he traded me an e'lan T-bird for it and 300 bucks. so I could get home. ( he had to have his mechanics do some work on the bird, and he had his uncle at the DMV to set me up with some trip permits.. so I figured that I came out pretty far a head.
(you know not being dead or badly hurt, not being stranded in a small town in the middle of no where cal. ect)
I still have the ford also, paid for a MARTI report on it, and based on the factory options list, it turned out that it is a 1 of one off the line with the next lowest option making it 1of 3.

but to see the humor in it: the moral to the story is even a beaten up, twisted mopar that can no longer be driven. is better than driving a ford
and once I got home I found the blue aspen wagon that I have now.
I blew the trans in the duster and wound up having to sell it the fallowing year. because I could not afford to fix it. then my sister gave me her grand voyager. that is now my camper.

Last edited:
Back