Painted Roof Option ???

efriedrich

Reaction score
Im going to look at a 78 two door Lebaron Medallion. The guy say's that the landua roof is painted not vinyl. Is this factory, I have been trying to research this on hamtramck, dippy and other internet sources in general but I cant find anything were is shows anything other than a vinyl option.

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
All I could find was this quote. "A padded vinyl roof was standard on sedans"

I think someone took it off and painted it.

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
I had a new LeBaron sedan in 1978. In Canada all LeBarons came with padded tops. But I remember at that time seeing steel tops in the U.S. But never a two tone.

Jonno

Reaction score
I would be inclined to think that all '77-'79 Medallions, both 2 and 4 doors, had a full or half vinyl roof. I've seen stripper 4 doors with the roof painted a different contrasting colour, mainly white, which I thought were factory, but don't recall any 2 doors with painted roofs.

efriedrich

Reaction score
I have been looking on the internet for hours and I can't find anything that indicates that this was an option. The car is painted blue with the landua part a different color blue. He is supposed to send me pics tomarrow.

Last edited:

efriedrich

Reaction score
Were can I buy a vinyl roof and a headliner for a 78 lebaron coupe.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Ok, were is that. lol

I'd get a copy of the data plate and see what that says for a roof.
I smell it's been taken off, but maybe the original owner didn't want a vinyl roof, but had cash. You could get weird things back then.

Since the Lebaron is a St Louis car, the Ham. site is no good.

The 78-79 F Grille store has those parts.
AKA...used only.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Im going to look at a 78 two door Lebaron Medallion. The guy say's that the landua roof is painted not vinyl. Is this factory, I have been trying to research this on hamtramck, dippy and other internet sources in general but I cant find anything were is shows anything other than a vinyl option.
Yes they made them without the vinyl roof, the lower end models didn't have one. There was one for sale here about 2 months ago, but I I remember right they where not tu-tone, but could have been painted later.Also they did not have the laundua roof.

efriedrich

Reaction score
As it turned out the Lebaron did have the vinyl top still on it. The previous owner was just confused I guess. :dontknow:

Back