Plug and Play headlight relay kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackedback

Reaction score
Contact seller
Headlight relay kits that are essentially plug and play.

There is a substantial increase in voltage at the headlight, increasing light output performance. Light output degrades exponentially with voltage input reductions. These kits also take headlight amp loads off the fragile bulkhead connector, headlight switch and amp gauge. The only headlight load flowing through the bulkhead is a minimal current required to trigger relays.

The kit includes:
Bosch/Tyco relays (no 1$ chinese relays)
Ceramic headlamp sockets
Fuses/fuse holders
12ga wire from alt to relays
12 or 14 gauge power wire from relays to headlight wiring (no 16-18 gauge wire like factory, except 16ga to trigger relays)
All terminals for hook up to a std 1/4 alt stud and ground locations
Wiring would follow normal wiring harness paths and be covered with black shrink tube for most of the run lengths.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO CUTTING OF YOUR CURRENT WIRING HARNESS REQUIRED!

Headlight20kit20labeled.jpg

Road lamp relay kit is not included in the standard 2 and 4 headlight kits. There is an additional charge for a road lamp relay kit.

The kits I've built have relays mounted on the yoke (front or rear), under the battery tray and inner fender uprights.

Picture of the light output difference from a 71 Cuda. Both pictures are on low beam setting, Left - before, Right - after installation.
cudanightupgradeSBS.jpg

Another benefit that most users see are an improvement in dash light and marker light/turn signal brightness.

Some other things to consider.
Unless you buy wire in bulk, you'll have about $40+ before tax in different colored wire packages from a local auto store.

All kits I build are tested prior to shipping.

Kits for a 2 headlight vehicles are $130 + shipping.

Most 4 headlight vehicles are $150 + shipping.

The assembled kits fit nicely in a USPS flat rate box, shipping in the US would be in the $10-15 range. International shipping is available. Kits have been shipped to Canada, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and a few other countries. Most all shipping is done via US Postal Service unless other service is requested.

Kits with all products and wire required to build one yourself are $85 for a 2 headlight and $100 for a 4 headlight + shipping.

If you would like some other iteration of a kit, parts only, please PM me.

All items are shipped from Indio, CA

Thanks to all my customers, I appreciate your patronage!

compubert

Reaction score
Headlight relay kits that are essentially plug and play.

There is a substantial increase in voltage at the headlight, increasing light output performance. Light output degrades exponentially with voltage input reductions. These kits also take headlight amp loads off the fragile bulkhead connector, headlight switch and amp gauge. The only headlight load flowing through the bulkhead is a minimal current required to trigger relays.

The kit includes:
Bosch/Tyco relays (no 1$ chinese relays)
Ceramic headlamp sockets
Fuses/fuse holders
12ga wire from alt to relays
12 or 14 gauge power wire from relays to headlight wiring (no 16-18 gauge wire like factory, except 16ga to trigger relays)
All terminals for hook up to a std 1/4 alt stud and ground locations
Wiring would follow normal wiring harness paths and be covered with black shrink tube for most of the run lengths.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO CUTTING OF YOUR CURRENT WIRING HARNESS REQUIRED!

Headlight20kit20labeled.jpg

Road lamp relay kit is not included in the standard 2 and 4 headlight kits. There is an additional charge for a road lamp relay kit.

The kits I've built have relays mounted on the yoke (front or rear), under the battery tray and inner fender uprights.

Picture of the light output difference from a 71 Cuda. Both pictures are on low beam setting, Left - before, Right - after installation.
cudanightupgradeSBS.jpg

Another benefit that most users see are an improvement in dash light and marker light/turn signal brightness.

Some other things to consider.
Unless you buy wire in bulk, you'll have about $40+ before tax in different colored wire packages from a local auto store.

All kits I build are tested prior to shipping.

Kits for a 2 headlight vehicles are $130 + shipping.

Most 4 headlight vehicles are $150 + shipping.

The assembled kits fit nicely in a USPS flat rate box, shipping in the US would be in the $10-15 range. International shipping is available. Kits have been shipped to Canada, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and a few other countries. Most all shipping is done via US Postal Service unless other service is requested.

Kits with all products and wire required to build one yourself are $85 for a 2 headlight and $100 for a 4 headlight + shipping.

If you would like some other iteration of a kit, parts only, please PM me.

All items are shipped from Indio, CA

Thanks to all my customers, I appreciate your patronage!
Thanks Crackedback, the other thing you might want to have mentioned is the voltage drop from the old headlight wiring, drops the voltage for other systems too like the ignition system for those of us still running stock wiring. I notice when I have my blower running and/or my headlights on starting the engine takes an extra 10 revs before it fires. :)

crackedback

Reaction score
Thanks Crackedback, the other thing you might want to have mentioned is the voltage drop from the old headlight wiring, drops the voltage for other systems too like the ignition system for those of us still running stock wiring. I notice when I have my blower running and/or my headlights on starting the engine takes an extra 10 revs before it fires. :)

Absolutely. There are a lot of benefits to reducing the load across the bulkhead. Thanks for the input.

I'm building a kit for a friend with a 73 Cuda. His entire wiring harness is fresh from M&H. One person told him that the stock wiring is fine, I disagree. We are going to do a quick layout without install and have his regular wiring with pics, then the relay kit. I know his light performance will increase.

I installed a relay set up on my 78 Aspen R/T. Made a big change with the stock lights.

compubert

Reaction score
I want to convert to HEI/Ecoil and relay the ign and lights. I will be set for another 540k....

Volare4life

Reaction score
do you have a before and after of the aspen pics ? the DIY kit for $85, does it include the AUX lighting as well ?

THanks,
-Mike

crackedback

Reaction score
Mike,

All the kits are for the headlights only.

No chance I'd try to duplicate the entire front/forward light harness. Too many wires and the factory wiring is fine when it comes to markers, turn signals, etc. Those lights, and dash lights, usually get brighter when this kit is installed because the headlight amperage is no longer flowing through the firewall. Allows for less voltage loss on those circuits as well.

I don't have a before/after picture from my Aspen. Maybe I could get one i when time permits.

greymouser7

Reaction score
Rob, Could you incorporate a rheostat - Knob?? in order to enable the driver to brighten or dim the lights?

Or is that already incorporated into the head light knob now? I can't remember.

crackedback

Reaction score
To control dimming of the headlights? I would not do that.

The dimmer in the OEM switch controls dash lights and dome, IIRC.

greymouser7

Reaction score
Thanks Rob

I haven't driven a Mopar in a while. thanks

Rob, I'll have money for you in two months.

I need you to do this along with an LED conversion for my rear volare tailights!! & LED side marker lights & LED interior dome light.

crackedback

Reaction score
Cool,

I'll be doing these for a while. Let me know when you are ready Grey.

Answered all pm's and any kits that were ordered have been shipped. Thanks

crackedback

Reaction score
If anyone wants a kit and is heading to CPW's Spring Fling, I may be going and could deliver if prepaid.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Kit arrived in the mail today ....... looks like a real quality piece .. none of that china super thin wire stuff or barely adequate stuff. Not saying it's all bad ... but this harness is tops, and I try to source N.A. anymore ...... ok enough of the sell .. will update when installed .. on a nice warm sunny day .. lol .. makes routing the wire easier if warm .. obviously
Crackedback ... on the good guy sellers list !!

crackedback

Reaction score
Great to read it arrived. If you could take before and after pictures that would be great.

Any questions, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back