Plumbing and wiring 87 318

YY1

Reaction score
This may be sacrilege to post here, but I've transplanted a 318 from a 5th Ave into a 1966 Coronet.

My plan is to give one shot to hooking up the factory lean burn, as the engine ran GREAT while it was in the FA. If that fails I have a 73 2 BBL to swap on, and if that fails, plan C is to go ahead and install an Eddy intake and 600 CFM 4 BBL.

I have a FSM for the coronet for the harness pinout, and a Haynes for the FM/J body that has wiring diagrams.

What I don't have is specific fuel system plumbing for that 318 carb.

Right now, my main concern is that the fuel filter has three ports, and that there is a large diameter (larger than the inlet) line with nothing attached, right at the top front of the carb.

Do these two connect, as a partial return? Anyone got a pic?

Thanks much.

**Kind of looking for a spitfire orange Volare RR with T tops**

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
This may be sacrilege to post here, but I've transplanted a 318 from a 5th Ave into a 1966 Coronet.

My plan is to give one shot to hooking up the factory lean burn, as the engine ran GREAT while it was in the FA. If that fails I have a 73 2 BBL to swap on, and if that fails, plan C is to go ahead and install an Eddy intake and 600 CFM 4 BBL.

I have a FSM for the coronet for the harness pinout, and a Haynes for the FM/J body that has wiring diagrams.

What I don't have is specific fuel system plumbing for that 318 carb.

Right now, my main concern is that the fuel filter has three ports, and that there is a large diameter (larger than the inlet) line with nothing attached, right at the top front of the carb.

Do these two connect, as a partial return? Anyone got a pic?

Thanks much.

**Kind of looking for a spitfire orange Volare RR with T tops**

I believe that is just a vent tube, that may or may not have been ran down to a charcoal canister. Pics would be a plus. I am not for sure about the 3 ported fuel filter, but I would doubt that the 2 would be connected.

YY1

Reaction score
Terrible pic, but this-

I think you might be right about vent to charcoal can.

Now about that third line on the fuel filter- could that be a return to the tank?
Would it be safe to cap that, or just replace the filter with a "standard" one?

lb2m [640x480].jpg

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I took my rubber line of the return line and left it open to atmosphere at the frame rail. My charcoal canister and anything that was connected to it is gone.

Back