Quarter glass window clips

79MOPARAZ

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1979 Plymouth Volare Duster with the full size quarter windows and louvers. The metal tabs on my louver are fine, however I’m missing two of the three plastic clips that clip into the inside of the chassis and hold the window in place when the epoxy is applied. Is there a place where I can find these parts, or an alternative work around? Will be replacing window in the near future. Thank you so much, Erik

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Do you mean like these? The center one not seen is held down with a screw. If these are what your talking about I think ive got some.

DSC04307.JPG

Last edited:

79MOPARAZ

Reaction score
Sorry JW, I didn’t get around to getting the quarter interior pieces off yesterday, I was painting the kicker panels and rear seatbelt plastics and it got dark out.

XfbodyX, yes!
Thank you for uploading pic fast, those are exactly the clips I need, those two black plastic clips. I have the metal center one that isn’t shown, the black clips broke while removing window/louver many moons ago. Am I able to buy those online, is there a part #?

Thanks guys,
Erik

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I briefly looked in the book, I think the PN is 3791350. I looked online and zip. I recall some out of the car I can look this weekend or maybe even pull a window from a parts car. Not sure how easy a window would come out in the cold though. But something tells me I might have some already out. So keep looking but I will look over the weekend.

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's the p/n I came up with also, X. Unless you get VERY lucky, used is the only choice, other than to make them from blocks of plastic.

79MOPARAZ

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure where I could buy them. I suppose I’ll try to find an alternative, the window is going in hopefully two weeks from now.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I found them. Wont feel my fingers till tomorrow but.....

The llil tab that comes off them always breaks, I just drill a tiny hole and use a lil sheet metal screw.

If you can use and want two of these just pm me where to send them. Regionally im close to you.

DSC09872.JPG

DSC09873.JPG

DSC09874.JPG

DSC09875.JPG

DSC09876.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score
I guess technically the glass could go in without them. They really only serve a purpose until the urethane cures. They're basically an assembly aid. Once cured, the glass isn't going anywhere, if you don't come up with anything before the glass goes in that is.

Edit: I see you just found some while I was typing the above so, nevermind :)

Justwondering

Reaction score
Somebody send me one and I'll see if my nephew can create one on his 3d printer. Do they have to be in black?
JW

79MOPARAZ

Reaction score
Yes! Thanks everyone for keeping this post alive. The interior panels are coming off this weekend and will be receiving some SEM Palomino. XfbodyX I’ll be in touch about those clips, I’m in Tucson AZ.

Back