Question About Options

79-Diplomat-guy

Reaction score
Just a random question about possible options for our cars back in the day. Was it possible to get a passenger mirror delete from the dealer? Reason why I'm asking is because it seems like Blue never had one, and the fact that he is about as basic as it gets as far as options go, it wouldn't surprise me if the original owner found a way too cheap out on a mirror.

79-Diplomat-guy

Reaction score
So if you wanted just one of the optional mirrors you could do that? Instead of having both standard mirrors I mean.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Only the Chryslers had both mirrors standard. The others by default only had one mirror unless the passenger side was ordered or the car came with a trim or options package that had it.

79-Diplomat-guy

Reaction score
Oh ok thanks for the intel, thats actually pretty interesting. Before this car the only other cars I had seen that didn't come with both mirrors were Chevy luvs and some JDM cars/ trucks from the 80s. I had no clue that cars like ours came like that too. Thank you!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Far as I remember, dual mirrors weren't standard on EVERY car and truck until the '90's. Not sure but, I think they're required by regulation since then(?)

D

Deleted member 1959

Just a random question about possible options for our cars back in the day. Was it possible to get a passenger mirror delete from the dealer? Reason why I'm asking is because it seems like Blue never had one, and the fact that he is about as basic as it gets as far as options go, it wouldn't surprise me if the original owner found a way too cheap out on a mirror.
My ´79 LeBaron only has drivers side mirror. It never had the other one.

Aspen500

Reaction score
On my dad's '62 Fury, even the LEFT side mirror was an option, as were the back up lights, seat belts, heater and radio (he ordered all of those when buying the car). How times have changed........................

79-Diplomat-guy

Reaction score
On my dad's '62 Fury, even the LEFT side mirror was an option, as were the back up lights, seat belts, heater and radio (he ordered all of those when buying the car). How times have changed........................
You ain't kidding nowadays you really dont get any options. It's this package or this other package that has slightly better amenities for about $15,000 more.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yep, want a V-8? Well then you also have to pay for leather seats, power this, automatic that, etc.. Don't want to pay for all that stuff? Then you have to settle for a V-6 model. What ever happened to being able to buy a base (or low option) model with the big engine, a.k.a. the old Mustang LX 5.0 or similar cars? In other words, equip the car with the things you want and not the things you don't. Sigh...... Doesn't really matter I guess. I can't afford a new car anyways, lol! Not to mention, there aren't any new vehicles I would want to begin with, aside from the Challenger and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's about it. Nothing else built appeals to me at all.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Far as I remember, dual mirrors weren't standard on EVERY car and truck until the '90's. Not sure but, I think they're required by regulation since then(?)
I saw a 90's Plymouth Neon with no right side mirror from the factory and it was either a '96 or a '97

Back