Rear speaker size

lowbudget

Reaction score
Does anyone know the rear speaker size in a 87 Fifth Avenue? 5X7, 6X9? I'm at work in Kuwait and wanted to go shopping. Some of the guides show 6X9 but the rear deck didn't look that big to me.
Thanks in advance Mike

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
They're 5x7 and a pain in the ass to replace because they're mounted from the top and you have to remove the parcel shelf to get at them.
I've seen it suggested elsewhere that when you replace them...
An option is to put 6x9's in mounted from the bottom attached to a wood spacer or something of the likes....

But to your original question....they are 5x7's in there now.

lowbudget

Reaction score
It looks like I'll order a 5X7 to 6X9 spacer then. As I think I have a set of new 6X9's in my garage......Unless I come a cross a set of 3 way 5X7's at a hell of a price. Thanks

NoCar340

Reaction score
I have a pair of brand new (NOS?) 2-way Phoenix Gold Octane R R57.0c speakers I bought for my LeBaron still in the box that I've been meaning to sell. They've never been out of the box, and have been sitting on a shelf in my spare bedroom for a few years (always stored inside the house). I've always preferred 2-way speakers in the back since they're mostly for bass & fill, or at least they should be--you don't have your living room speakers behind you, do you? :icon_biggrin: You really want your soundstage up front, so spend the big money in the front on high-quality separates if you can work them into your dash/kick panels, or top-shelf 2-way/3-way if not. I think you're pretty-well stuck with 2-way 3-1/2" up front, but several manufacturers make high-end units that will fit. Being that the M-bodies don't readily lend themselves to a lot of interior cone area, a trunk-mounted sub is something I would consider mandatory. Unless you're looking to annoy the neighbors, a single 8" or 10" in a correctly-designed enclosure (not some universal off-the-shelf box) would do the job quite nicely.

Phoenix Gold Octane R R57.0c: 60W RMS/ 120W peak, 90dB sensitivity, aluminum-plated polypropylene cones w/butyl rubber surrounds, ferrofluid-cooled mylar/neodymium tweeters, frequency response 65-20,000Hz. I would still gladly use these if I had a car into which they'd fit, but both of my cars use 6x9s. $40 shipped to continental US if you or anyone else is interested.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I don't have PayPal, but if you want to send a personal check or MO that works for me. I can still ship it out quickly. Will PM you my information.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I'll get my little sister to send it out. No hurry as I still have 3 weeks left here in the desert.

Back