Rear sway bar end links

bill55az

Reaction score
I went looking at 3 auto parts stores for new bushings for my rear sway bar. Only the front bushings show up on their computers. In their HELP section, they have some, but not enough, and the price for a few bushings is high.

Roaming the junkyards, I made a discovery. The front end links for a mid 90's chevy S10/blazer, 2wd, has just what is needed, and it is stronger than the Mopar part. It is a long bolt, with a metal sleeve. Of course, not everyone has access to junkyards. Here in AZ, I know of 5 good ones withing a 30 mile radius....
So when asking at a parts store for FMJ rear sway bar endlink bushings, or kit, take a look at the chevy parts on their computer.

The one I found today had red bushings, not sure if they are poly, but they are in far better condtion than the ones I am replacing.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I tried Rock Auto...all they have are for the front...Firm Feel or Polybushing is going to be your best bet...

bill55az

Reaction score
Autozone had just what is needed, only $7 per kit, which includes everything for one side of the sway bar. Tell the parts counter people to look under 93 to 99 2wd S10 front sway bar....
I got a pair, one was made in USA, other in India. Different washers, different bushings, one has a slightly longer bolt....
Doing the thumbnail test, the bushings may be poly, or at least some hard rubber....

dch-65

Reaction score
I went looking at 3 auto parts stores for new bushings for my rear sway bar. Only the front bushings show up on their computers. In their HELP section, they have some, but not enough, and the price for a few bushings is high.

Roaming the junkyards, I made a discovery. The front end links for a mid 90's chevy S10/blazer, 2wd, has just what is needed, and it is stronger than the Mopar part. It is a long bolt, with a metal sleeve. Of course, not everyone has access to junkyards. Here in AZ, I know of 5 good ones withing a 30 mile radius....
So when asking at a parts store for FMJ rear sway bar endlink bushings, or kit, take a look at the chevy parts on their computer.

The one I found today had red bushings, not sure if they are poly, but they are in far better condtion than the ones I am replacing.

Here is some info from parts I used on my project
Some pictures of the 8 1/4" rearend in the car.
-We installed 3:55 gears with an Auburn Sure-grip unit(some grinding was required to install this unit but you get real good instructions with the unit)
-All new and used parts were blasted and painted.
-New General Springs HD 5 leaf with Firm Feel Industries urethane bushing front & back.
-Rear sway bar with energy suspension end links and front bushings.
-KYB Gas A Just shocks.
-FFI kit to eliminate iso-pads along with top spring plate from Super Coupe.
-Modify driveshaft to fit.
We pressured washed the entire underside and added undercoating just to make sure everything was protected while we had access to it

Rear Sway Bar Bushings Summit Part # ENS-9-5106R
Rear Sway Bar End Links Summit Part # ENS-9-8149R
Energy Suspension Parts

Hope this might help
Dave

new rearend E.jpg

new rearend D.jpg

new rearend B.jpg

new rearend C.jpg

new rearend A 7.15.JPG

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Here is some info from parts I used on my project
Some pictures of the 8 1/4" rearend in the car.
-We installed 3:55 gears with an Auburn Sure-grip unit(some grinding was required to install this unit but you get real good instructions with the unit)
-All new and used parts were blasted and painted.
-New General Springs HD 5 leaf with Firm Feel Industries urethane bushing front & back.
-Rear sway bar with energy suspension end links and front bushings.
-KYB Gas A Just shocks.
-FFI kit to eliminate iso-pads along with top spring plate from Super Coupe.
-Modify driveshaft to fit.
We pressured washed the entire underside and added undercoating just to make sure everything was protected while we had access to it

Rear Sway Bar Bushings Summit Part # ENS-9-5106R
Rear Sway Bar End Links Summit Part # ENS-9-8149R
Energy Suspension Parts

Hope this might help
Dave
Yep I forgot about David Charles...he did his and posted pictures in his project thread..that way no chevy or ford products on our cars...:icon_smile:

bill55az

Reaction score
Yep I forgot about David Charles...he did his and posted pictures in his project thread..that way no chevy or ford products on our cars...:icon_smile:
For you purists, dakota front sway bar end links can be used.....altho you may have to shorten the "tube" a bit.....
My dakota is in Utah, the Diplomat is in AZ, so I can't make a length comparison right now...

77RTNJ

Reaction score
Bill,

i think the sway bar links on the dakota are too short. not sure what year you were looking at, but the only ones with our style of link was 1987. Napa says the tube is only 2". The original links I got with my sway bar I have are a hair under 4". the ones dave used are a hair over 4". those are the ones I am going to use also, with the same bushing set.

The ones from the chevy s-10 you had mentioned were close to the originals too.

I don't mind using things like bushing sets and stuff from other cars.

Kevin

Last edited:
Back