FOUND Red 3rd brake light tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm330

Reaction score
Contact seller
Anybody parting out or have a local junkyard (not the Chevy dealer) with a red interior Fifth Avenue? I want to replace mine because it's broke and tilted a little. Also, if it has decent looking opera lights, I could still use the lenses. I would like pics of what I'm paying for also. Thanks!

brake light tower.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
I feel your pain.
My 3rd brake light was removed (by me) when I was rennovating the headliner, pillar coverings, etc.
It unscrewed with no problems; HOWEVER, when I flipped it over to remove the dead bulb all the plastic bits inside just crumbled.
Its on the list to fix.

New opera light lenses.... hmmmm. Mine were in decent shape but the lighting was toast.

Last one I saw was on Ebay in december ... they sold it for 44 bucks. :eek:

I wonder if you made a form and bought some lucite if you could use a heat gun to deform it into the form and make one?

Interesting idea.

JW

Camtron

Reaction score
I’ve seen videos of old Japanese men using what looks like silicone to cast a molding to get any required texturing, secure the molding to the damaged plastic area and then Use an acrylic/epoxy to fill the broken area. Cut sand/buff finish as desired and then color match. Handy trick for mending unobtainable headlight/taillight lenses and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back