Remember that Hood insulation I bought

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Well I was just getting ready to put it on the hood...

IMG00625-20110131-2158.jpg

They punched two holes close together and one is in the wrong location...I asked a question of the seller on e-bay to figure out what to do next...

IMG01045-20111019-2148.jpg

IMG01046-20111019-2148.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I still think it is a crock of $$$$...here's the response back...

Those two holes are not an error. If you order another one the machine program will punch the same two holes.

The Plymouth Volare and the Dodge Aspen are very similar cars and the same hood template is used for both. The only variation between these two cars is those clip locations.

For simplicity, the hood insulation is made this way and then can be sold for either vehicle.

Thank you for the pictures and for your business,

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for,
Erin

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Here's my response..it's called truth in advertising...I would recommend you stay away from this product..

Thanks for the quick response..I am 99% sure that I would not have bought this item knowing that extra holes were punched it and your listing only reflects 76-80 Aspen models. Maybe a greater detail of the other models it fits would not confuse someone else. The extra hole I found shows and that's not going on my car, sorry.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Did you ever have to eat crow..

I think I did....:kermit:

I took a picture of the hood...those two holes are close together and the one on the bottom is there but not needed. All the ones on this side of the hood I circled are the ones that are needed. Even more up in the air whether or not I will use it. They did put an extra hole that is not needed.

IMG01056-20111021-2108.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
By the way I won't be using it..I believe my air cleaner would rub against it so no way....20 bucks with all the clips needed to install it plus about 15 bucks for Fed Ex gound. First come first served. :fart:

1976RR

Reaction score
Again ... manufacturing that does not give a S$$T about the F-bodies...... That is why i stocked quite a few extra parts when i owned my F body ... Going to take a while until these cars get respect deserved ....

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I bought one 3 years ago and decided the same thing...gave it away I think. I have a hole cut in my hood now anyway for my air cleaner.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
New Image.jpg

Mine under hood, I figure if I am gonna run a hood scoop it might as well do something.

without the scoop from the top...

hood.jpg

-Kenny

New Image.jpg

hood.jpg

Last edited:
Back