Rusted fuel sending unit

Greaseball42

Reaction score
So I have rusted out fuel sending unit I don’t have the money right now to replace it, at the moment it’s gonna be Atleast a month before I get the money can it still be used (with a bit of cleaning as best I can) because this car has a mechanic fuel pump rather than the electric with the fuel sending unit ? I know the picture it’s kinda hard to see the grounds wet so it’s a bit much to get closer rn

6002617E-8F83-4E4C-BBBA-BC9091A12D08.jpeg

Greaseball42

Reaction score
I feel for ya. I've been there before when I was younger. These cars ain't cheap though. Especially the gas. I'm running ethanol free 91 octane. It's a pain to get. Cheapest I found a sending unit is $50 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Tank-Sending-Unit-for-Chrysler-Cordoba-Dodge-Aspen-Diplomat-Plymouth-Volare/175560508424?
Yeah it’s a bit rough right now and I still got some stuff to do to get her going again but I think it’ll happen soon enough and thanks for the link

Aspen500

Reaction score
Long as it isn't rusted through, it'll be fine. No way of telling about the sending unit. You can check it with an ohmmeter or plug it in (and ground it) and see if the gauge moves.

Greaseball42

Reaction score
Long as it isn't rusted through, it'll be fine. No way of telling about the sending unit. You can check it with an ohmmeter or plug it in (and ground it) and see if the gauge moves.
I tried checking the gauge I had it propped up and the gauge jump to a quarter tank then dropped again and I checked the sending unit and it’s still propped up so idk might be bad or just a poor electrical connection I have to look a little more into when the ground dries it’s been raining a lot

Back