Seat Covers

droptop

Reaction score
Does any one offer new seat covers for our F bodies? The only opition I have found so far is custom interior shops.

alf44

Reaction score
i also wanted to know about the same thing, i have white high back buckets in vinyl

bnichols

Reaction score
not pre made you would have to buy the vinyl or cloth and have a upholstry shop sew them up, i talked to legendary 2 years ago at carlisle they pretty much laughed at me said they had no intentions or interest in f-bodies told them thanks for nothing and walked away i just bought the fabric for my 76 aspen seats from these guys no cheap but it is the oem stuff http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

lowbudget

Reaction score
I haven't looked at my buckets that I got from Gordie with my Wagon, but if they are rough I'm going to recover them myself. I will take pictures and post. I doubt it will be this set of days off as I think I'm going to attempt fixing a grill. Depending on how my car hauler project goes. Too many projects and not enough time....Maybe I could get a second job so I could afford to pay someone to do it.....

ramenth

Reaction score
not pre made you would have to buy the vinyl or cloth and have a upholstry shop sew them up, i talked to legendary 2 years ago at carlisle they pretty much laughed at me said they had no intentions or interest in f-bodies told them thanks for nothing and walked away i just bought the fabric for my 76 aspen seats from these guys no cheap but it is the oem stuff http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

Might want to check back again.

I just traded a set of F-body buckets for an A-body deluxe bench. The buckets are going into a '70 Duster.

Legendary was reupholstering for the owner. They were covering 'em with A-body covers as the seat frame and foam are pretty much the same.

I think he said they were going to use the original F-body covers for patterns. Don't know when they might be available but if they are using 'em for patterns it tells you something.

It also tells you something that they're using A-body covers on 'em.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
lol i jus coverd mine with leather seat covers cut a small hole for the screws of the seat belt holder and done

Let's see some pictures of how that came out. I've had both kinds of luck and results with generic seat covers...sometimes you can get em to look great, sometimes...not so much. Never took the plunge with real leather covers, though. I'd kinda like to see how they look.

Badasspen

Reaction score
Are the f body buckets closer to the A or the E body ? the only real difference I see are the little square buckles in the lumbar area. I dont think I can wait for repops these seat covers are driving me nuts.

096.jpg

027.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score

I had the same thing happen at the nationals. They flat out won't do it. I had mine done by a local upholstery shop and they turned out ok, my car is a 76 but I had em done in 77 material because I really don't care for the perferated inserts especially in white....
inside 2.JPG

inside.JPG

inside 2.JPG

inside.JPG

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Are the f body buckets closer to the A or the E body ? the only real difference I see are the little square buckles in the lumbar area. I dont think I can wait for repops these seat covers are driving me nuts.
This thread got me to thinking. Those buckets are very similar to the ones in my brothers challengers. I measured the overall dimensions of the high back buckets in my cordoba, and they're almost identical. The big difference is that yours has the plastic seat back VERY similar to the e-body bucket. I would check that out if you're not to concerned with having the "correct" fabric and stitch pattern.

Back